How to Fill an Online Application Form
Times have changed and now most of the companies have an online application format and those times are gone when one used to need to buy forms from a particular vendor then fill and post the form again to a given address.
Most of the organizations these days need you to fill online application forms since that’s an easier and less time consuming process than filling forms manually after having obtained them from centers that sell forms. Before you start filling the form make sure that you are eligible for the post. You could be under age or over the age, may or may not have the required qualifications etc.
Check Here – Latest Government Jobs
Check Here – Bank Job Notifications
Below is a comprehensive point by point guide on how to fill online applications:
Instructions to Fill up an Online Application Form:
- You should first of all go to the registration section and find out your registration id and password and keep them ready for future reference. This is important for every applicant has a unique login id which will be mentioned even on the admit card.
- In case you do not want to fill the whole form in one go you can save the half filled form and then when you want to finish filling the form you can login using your registration id and password. This is another major reason why you should remember your login id and password.
- Before you start filling up the form you should read all the instructions carefully and then accordingly send the application to the concerned address by the last date of application.
- You ought to check whether you are filling up the application for the right post and position. Many organizations have the same application form for different posts and there will be a different code for every post. You need to therefore correctly fill the application form for the correct post with respective post code.
- The application form might require you to write some entries with a pencil or with a specified ink such a blue or black so make sure that’s in order. You can also be asked to fill your name in all caps so that’s another thing to watch out for. Sometimes a particular entry needs to be filled in black ink only so that’s why you need to watch out for these exceptions.
- There are certain entries that are mandatory and some that are optional so keep that in mind before you fill the form. You cannot leave out a mandatory field but you have an option in case of fields that are not mandatory although it’s always advisable to fill even the optional fields.
- Make sure to fill out your email address ,phone number and address of communication properly and clearly since that will be required when the organization you are applying for will send you your admit card or when the organization tries to contact you.
- Details such as gender,age,DOB,academic record and other specifications should be clearly mentioned. The gender information is important to fill since post might be reserved for women. The information about age is important so that it can be decided that the candidate is within the age limit that is required for the post.
- You will be required to put your original signature somewhere on the form. You might also need a scanned copy of your signature. The file containing the signature should be of a particular size.
- You might either need to paste a picture on the form or you will need a scanned copy of the photograph. The photograph must need to be in .JPG or .JPEG format and of a particular size.
- Before you submit and send your form to the given address you should take a print out for yourself too just in case .
- After you have filled the form you need to pay online .
- Payment online can be made using a debit or credit card or net banking services.
- Payment done using a debit or credit card is called online payment. Offline payment can be done via challans. The challan is generated after the form is submitted. The challan has to be submitted in the designated bank and branch office along with the payment fee.
- If you are still having a problem filling the form you should find the section on the form where there are FAQs on how to fill the form. These FAQs are available online if not on the form itself.
- What’s very important is that all the information provided on the form should be true to the best of your knowledge or it might lead to your debarment.