How to Become an Air Hostess
Want to start a career as a air hostess? or Looking for How to become an air hostess? It requires you to groom well and to have good etiquettes and more, being an Air Hostess is not an easy task as it involves fulfilling many responsibilities along with fulfilling your duty as an employee for any airlines. If you love travel and want to established a career dedicated to travel, then you are in for a treat as being an Air Hostess will give you the freedom to travel across the lengths of the world and get paid for it. Air Hostess are mostly females while a small fraction of male counterparts are also on-duty and are known as Stewards.
Eligibility for being an Air Hostess:
- The candidates who are looking forward to establish their careers as Air Hostess must have secured HSC or 12th certificate with excellent marks.
- After 12th, one can either complete her graduation or take up any PG Air Hostess courses available to be eligible.
- Language and communication skills are important. You must know English, Hindi, and any of the foreign language.
Physical Standards –
- A minimum height requirement is 5.2” or 157 cm and the weight of the applicants must be in proportion to the height.
- You must have a fair complexion with no visible dark patches or marks.
Age and Marital Status –
- Being an Air Hostess is a tiring work. The age limit specified by most airlines for maximum output is between 17 to 26 years.
- Mostly, unmarried girls are selected, however, it depends on the airline policy.
Medical Condition –
- You must have an eye sight of 6/9.
- The applicants must not have any mental illness or any mental history associated along with no major disease.
Air Hostess Selection Process:
The selection is made based on these rounds –
- Written Test –
The examination is conducted to test the reasoning and aptitude of the aspirants. The test is objective based and consists of Multiple Choice Questions. A threshold marks or cut off is given scoring above which, the candidates are considered qualified.
- GD –
It is an important round where the various skills of the aspirants are examined by the recruiters and then suitable candidates are promoted to the Interview round.
- Interview –
This is the final round of selection where the competent authorities and members conduct Interview on behalf of their airlines.
Air Hostess Courses:
There are many three categories of courses which are specified below –
Degree Courses –
- B.Sc in Aviation
- B.Sc in Air Hostess Training
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Travel Management
Diploma Courses –
- Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Air Hostess Training
- Diploma in Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant Training
- Diploma in Hospitality and Travel Management
Certificate Courses –
- Airlines Hospitality
- Air Hostess Management
- Aviation Management and Hospitality
- Aviation Customer Service, etc.
Institutes for Air Hostess Training –
- Rai University, Ahmedabad
- Frankfinn Institute of air Hostess, Mumbai and New Delhi
- Universal Aviation Academy, Chennai
- Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Aeronautics, Jaipur, etc.
Major Airlines –
You can try your skills on these airlines for the Air Hostess positions –
- Jet Airways
- Gulf Air
- Indian Airlines
- Air India
- Singapore airlines
- Jet Airways, etc.
All the Best!!!
Some Important Links to Check
|Career In Indian Railway||Career in Airforce||Career in Indian Navy|
|Career In Banking||Career Options After BSc Nursing||Job Oriented Courses After 12th Class|