List of Hotel Management Entrance Exams 2017-2018
The List of Hotel Management Entrance Exams 2017-2018 will help you gain more information on the available entrance test in India that you can appear and it will magnify your chance of getting shortlisted in your desired college considerably. Hotel Management courses have gained much acclaim and as a result there are large number of number in the H.M. course in various parts of India. In order to take admissions in any Hotel Management course in any college, the candidates are required to attend the Hotel Management Entrance Test where the suitable applicants will be selected. We have compiled information on the List of Hotel Management Entrance Exams 2017-2018 and the eligibility criteria, selection process that is adopted in the entrance test.
The NCHMCT is the authority or body that work under the Government of India in the Ministry of Culture and Tourism prepares the syllabus, create policies and rules, conducts examinations and academic management of hospitality courses across India. The hotel management courses are provided by a total of 24 colleges and 8 Good Craft Management Colleges in India that conducts the given list of Entrance Test for selection of the students in the Hospitality course.
Hotel Management Entrance Exams Eligibility Criteria –
When the official notification is released by any institute inviting candidates for the Hotel Management Entrance Test, they mention the eligibility criteria according to which the final selection will be made. Below are the generalised eligibility criteria according to which the candidates will be marked as eligible or not.
- The aspirants must have obtained Hsc or +2 or Equivalent qualification where the minimum scores required differs for each college.
- The aspirants who want to apply for the written test for Hotel Management must be below 22 years of old exceeding which he/she will not be eligible for general category. The candidates under ST/SC category must be below 25 years of age in order to be eligible for the test.
There might be more eligibility criteria according to which selection will be made and differs from college to college. Aspirants can check the official website of the respective college or entrance test for more details.
H.M. Entrance Exam Pattern and Syllabus –
The Entrance Test for Hotel Management are held at various exam centres of the concerned institute. The written test have MCQ type questions which means that a question will be asked with various option to choose from. The aspirants are required to choose the correct option and tick it if the mode of test is online or fill the correct option with black or blue pen.
The syllabus for the HM Entrance test usually consists of General Knowledge, Aptitude, Numerical Ability, Current Affairs and English Language. The candidates must score above the cut off mark in order to be promoted to the next round. It is to be remembered that each wrong answer attracts penalty of 0.25% as negative marking.
The selection of the candidates for HM courses are made on the written test, G.D. and Personal Interview where the selection commission elected by the concerned institute decides the shortlisting
Following is the list of Hotel Management Entrance Exams in India :
- HIHT ( Heritage Institute of Hotel and Tourism ).
- PUTHAT ( Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test ).
- ITDC ( India Tourism Development Corporation ).
- NCHMCT JEE ( National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Examination ).
- IIHM Entrance Exam ( International Institute of Hotel Management Entrance Exam 0.
- IITM ( Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management.
- MAH-HM-CET ( Maharashtra Hotel Management Common Entrance Test )
- FHRAI ( Federation of Hotels and Restaurants Association of India ).
- BIT Mesra BHMCT ( Birla Institute of Technology )
- BVP HM ( Bharati Vidyapeeth Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology )
- WBJEE JEHOM ( West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination – Hotel Management )
- AIHMCT – WAT ( Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology )
- GNIHM HM-JEE ( Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management )