GK Preparation Tips: How to Prepare General Knowledge for Competitive Exams
General Knowledge section is a very important scoring area for various competitive exams in India. The various entrance tests including SSC, UPSC, IBPS, PSC, IAS, SBI, MPSC, etc., have questions from General Knowledge or GK or General Studies or General Awareness. The candidates appearing for these exams have to rely on GK Preparation Tips to score maximum marks. An ideal strategy has to be adopted to prepare for competitive exams, and the following General Knowledge tips are very effective. Our web site team has collected and published the latest preparation techniques for General Knowledge (GK) section of competitive exams.
In may exams, The GK section offers high scoring opportunities up to 50 Marks. So, You have to be very attentive during study, and prepare with all earnestness using the below provided guidelines. GK relates to current affairs, day to day life incidents, events and important issues of national and international relevance. These events happen on a regular basis and important events are characterised by periodic occurrence or high significance or impact. “General Knowledge” is a very useful skill and candidates can use their memory and recollection powers to achieve high scores in various competitive exams for excellent results.
Check Now – Awards And Honours Current Affairs
Importance Of GK In Competitive Exams:
“General Knowledge” relates to important topics and events that occur in different fields such as economy, politics, sports, education, research, and technology. The world is a dynamic place, and significant events happen in every sector at very short intervals. So candidates who prepare GK for competitive exams have to focus on important issues, relevant topics, buzzwords, and high quality information.
Recruitments in both the government and private sectors rely on a candidate’s General Knowledge skills to assess his or her suitability for the job. GK has high value in various entrance exams as recruiters can use GK marks to know candidate’s memory power, recollection skills, general reading habits, and enthusiasm for worldly life. The HR recruiters, selection commissions, and boards that conduct competitive examinations carefully prepare the question papers. They test a candidate’s knowledge and awareness of current affairs to assess his suitability for responsible job positions. Candidates who aspire to crack Bank PO/Clerk, SSC, UPSC, MBA, IAS, MPSC, etc., exams cannot do so without in-depth knowledge of current affairs and general awareness.
Strategy To Prepare For Competitive Exams:
Go through the following preparation tips to improve your basic GK and current affairs of India and the World –
- Exam pattern is paramount, and prepare on relevant GK topics by referring syllabus and previous years’ question papers.
- Newspapers such as “The Hindu”, “The Telegraph” ,”Economic Times”, “The Times of India”, etc., are a wonderful resource for all the latest knowledge.
- Take notes and be very enthusiastic while improving your GK on a daily basis. Review the notes, dates, and do quick revisions to stay alert and focussed.
- Read magazines regularly as they present current affairs and General Knowledge in a concise and clear fashion with accurate facts and figures.
- Positive thinking, concentration, memory and recollection powers are key to score high marks in GK tests.
- Viewing the informative TV channels can improve your knowledge of breaking news, current affairs, global events, and various highlighted reports.
- Smart phone users can download Educational and Examination Apps that can improve General Knowledge and also provide up-to-date information.
- Internet resources and online quizzes can give you the competitive edge while answering questions on current affairs and GK.
Name Of Magazines:
The latest yearbooks, magazines, fort nightlies, and weeklies are a very good source of general knowledge and current affairs. Refer the following best sellers in English and Hindi languages for achieving high scores in competitive exams –
- Manorama Year Book 2017
- Essential ‘Knowledge Capsule’ 2017 by Arihant
- Yearbook 2017 by Competition Success Review (CSR)
- SSC Guide 2017
- General Knowledge 2017
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Objective General Knowledge Chapter wise MCQs by Arihant
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs – Objective Type Questions by Upkar
- General Knowledge Manual 2017
- General Knowledge Manual 2017
- The Pearson GK Manual 2016 by Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe
- Daily GK and Exam Prep SSC-IAS
- Samanya Gyan Digdarshika – Hindi
- Lucent’s Samanya Gyan PB (Hindi)
- General Knowledge Digest by Pratiyogita Darpan
- Competitive Success
- India Today
- Civil Services Times
- Success Mirror
We hope the above mentioned tips and strategies help you in cracking the GK section in Competitive Exams. Stay in touch with our web site and receive many more updates and useful guidelines on General Awareness topics. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Google +, or subscribe for our fresh email alerts related to all the competitive exams in India.
|Last Minute Preparation Tips for Competitive Exams||Current Affairs Quiz|
|important days and dates of the year||How To Prepare For Exams In Less Time|