GITAM GAT 2017 Notification:
The GITAM CAT 2017 Entrance test is being conducted for the students willing to pursue B.Tech Engineering courses. The tentative date for GITAM GAT 2017 is in the Month of April 2017. The Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management will be conducting the GITAM GAT 2017 to shortlist eligible applicants for its 3 campuses in Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Visakhapatnam. The Institute offers many single and dual B.Tech programs in the engineering sector. The test is conducted in online mode and select candidates for UG and PG courses. Those who are interested to apply for the test can refer the given advertisement containing all the important information on the Test.
GITAM GAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates must fulfill the given criteria before applying for GITAM GAT 2017 –
- The aspirants are required to have passed 10+2 or HSC or equivalent exam scoring not less than 50% for B.Arch program and 60% for other branches.
- The participants must have PCM as major and compulsory subjects whereas candidates willing to pursue Biotechnology must have Biology as a major subject with Chemistry and Physics as compulsory subjects.
- He/she must be HSC passed in 2016 or is appearing for HSC.
- The aspirants for B.Arch program must appear for JEE Main 2017 or NATA 2017 alongside GITAM GAT 2017 to be eligible.
How to Fill GITAM GAT 2017 Application Form:
The Application Form will be made available in the 2nd week of November 2016 after which the aspirants must submit it on or before last date for submission after which no applications will be accepted. Note that candidates must make sure that all the information fed in the application form is true and that no canvassing in any form is practiced. Following are the instructions to follow –
- Enter the URL www.gitam.edu where the application form will be available.
- The aspirants will be asked to register first in order to generate provisional registration number/application ID and password.
- Making use of the generated credentials, log in to the account and start with the application procedure.
- The participants will be prompted to enter details on personal memoranda, qualifications, etc where the candidates must enter all the details ensuring no space is left empty.
- Incomplete forms are subjected to direct rejection.
- Next step is to upload scanned documents, signature specimen, and photo on the application form.
- The candidates will have to pay the application fee in order to complete the submission procedure.
- The final instruction is to obtain the hard copy of the application form and confirmation page for future use.
The Application Fee of 1,000/- must be paid through Debit or Credit Card or by Internet Banking. The Female participants are needed to pay only 600/- as application fee.
GITAM GAT 2017 Exam Centre:
The Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management is responsible for conducting GITAM GAT 2017 that will be held across major cities all over the country. Candidates can choose their slots that are their preferred exam center, date and time during the slot booking process.
GITAM GAT 2017 Exam Pattern:
The GITAM CAT 2017 is an online computer based test where 100 MCQs will be asked for which the candidates must choose the correct answer to gain marks. The weight of the test is 300 marks which are bifurcated into 3 subjects that are Chemistry, Physics, and Biology/Mathematics.
- Chemistry – 30 questions
- Physics – 30 questions
- Biology/Mathematics – 40 questions.
On every correct attempt of any question, 3 marks will be added and one mark will be deducted for incorrect answers.
GITAM GAT 2017 Syllabus:
The syllabus for GITAM GAT 2017 will cover all the topics from 11th and 12th class for respective subjects.
GITAM GAT 2017 Slot Booking:
After submission of the application form, the candidates will be asked to come online for slot booking that is scheduled to be conducted somewhere in the 2nd week of May 2017 before the admit cards are issued. During Slot Booking, candidates will be able to select the preferred date and time of the test and the preferred location or city. After the slot booking process is completed, Admit Card will be issued at www.gitam.edu.
GITAM GAT 2017 Admit Card:
The arrival of Admit Card is expected in the 2nd week of April 2017. When the admit card is declared, the candidates will have to go to www.gitam.edu and take the printout of the same. The Admit Card must be carried together on the date of examination as it contains important information about the applicant failing which he/she will not be able to attend the test.
GITAM GAT 2017 Results:
The tentative date for the release of Results is in the 2nd week of May 2017. The aspirants who had appeared for the test and waiting for the results can visit the official portal of GITAM GAT 2017 and download the results accordingly. Candidates can seek admissions in any participating colleges.
GITAM GAT 2017 Cutoff:
The minimum scores needed to qualify the Entrance test will be issued after results. The cutoff scores will help candidates to search for colleges that accept the obtained score/rank in order to take admissions in any engineering program.
GITAM GAT 2017 Counseling:
Call letter will be published for Counseling session for candidates who score above the cutoff marks. The Counseling session will be held in all the campuses where the admission procedure will be executed. The documents are required to be produced for verification and then aspirants can pay their fees for seat allocation.
The official notification has furnished the given dates concerning with the GITAM GAT 2017 test –
|Starting date for online Registration||2nd week of November 2016|
|Final Date for online registration||1st week of April 2017|
|Slot Booking||2nd week of April 2017|
|Admit Card availability||2nd week of April 2017|
|Date of Examination||3rd week of April 2017|
|Results||2nd week of May 2017|
The official website of GITAM University is www.gitam.edu