Geddes Scholarship by Sanskriti Foundation 2017-18
Those who have deep and interesting ambitions in doing something in terms of planning and architecture and they are young enough to be keen, can apply for this scholarship. The Sanskriti Foundation has made an invitation for the same with a title of Geddes scholarship. The scope of the scholarship has been indeed expanded by adding up many of the schools and institutions in it. They planned to let the school children know about the information about town planning and architecture through its ideas. Soon it began to put up its ideas in children’s social sciences and history. In the memory of Patrick Geddes and His son Arthur Geddes, this scholarship has been made. They both had very extensive connections with India. For today’s sustainable city movement, this scholarship and the work of Patrick has served as a catalyst. During the First World War, Patrick spent nearly 10 years in India. He was harmonized by India’s spirit of Architecture, Public spaces, trees and its urban centers.
Geddes Scholarship Eligibility:
To be qualified and being considered for this scholarship one should have this following criteria matched,
- The age group between 20 years to 30 years will only be awarded this scholarship.
- The above age grouped person must be a citizen of the country.
- One should have been a good student of Planning and Architecture in either Graduate OR Research or Postgraduate level.
- The above-given qualification possessed by an individual should be from a registered institute.
- These given set of individuals can be a single person or even a team of people working on something.
- The given age group shall not be relaxed and so one should properly read out the criteria which will be accepted for the entries.
- Those who belong internationally will not be liable to apply for this scholarship.
- One has to give up all proofs of the previously scored marks either in planning or architecture.
Objectives:Town planning is what Patrick Geddes’ went for, and this scholarship only focusses on one’s development in promoting and knowing it. This scholarship will enable many of the young individuals to come forward and be well-versed with the subject. Geddes’ always had basic principles which include Place, folk, and work. Those who know their job well and follow Geddes’ ideas they will definitely make very far while getting selected.
Terms and Conditions:
- This scholarship will be valid only until 6 months.
- The amount will be paid in main two installments. Each will comprise of 45000 INR amount.
- The first pay will be granted when one has been selected and they have begun the scholarship utilization during their academics, while, the second one will be given after the project report has been completed.
- Coordinators should be submitted with all the interim reports after the beginning of the project has been initiated.
- Committees will then be transferred this reports by the coordinators where they can submit it to the researchers to have some considerations on it.
- Changes will be made after the committee has viewed it.
- After the report has been accepted and viewed, the committee will let the individuals know that they can present their findings in Delhi.
Geddes Scholarship Agreement:
- All the applicants will need to have the agreement signed by the Sanskriti Pratisthan in order for a regular flow during the scholarship duration.
- No other fellowship or scholarship programmed must be accepted while accepting this scholarship.
- If one becomes unsuccessful in submitting the report or in completing the projects they have to return the amount.
- This agreement with all the norms according to the Sanskriti department should be followed and abided throughout the duration of the scholarship.
- One’s signature on the terms and conditions mentioned above will be considered official and soon the process of the scholarship will commence.
How to Apply Geddes Scholarship:
- A two-paged CV must be sent.
- All postal and contact details with a valid email must be mentioned.
- A well-researched and written proposal must be submitted.
- The report should have all the number of reports and websites incorporated in it and it must be of a minimum of 1500 words.
- The proposal can mainly focus any area whereby the applicant has to portray that how exactly he is going to initiate the idea.
- How one can transform and change the face of the areas existing in areas he selected.
- Those who show relevance with Geddes’ ideas will be given first preference.
- Any specific mohalla or area can be targeted on.
- Two referees with the contact address and their details should be sent in with the form or the application on the given address.
- The cover of the application envelope must have Sanskriti Geddes scholarship, and it should be mailed right to the head office.
Advertisement link is http://www.sanskritifoundation.org/Geddes-Fellowship.htm