List of Engineering Entrance Exams in India 2017-18
Students who complete their 10 + 2 or 12th or equivalent qualification in Maths, Physics, and Chemistry have the option of pursuing higher education in Science and Engineering streams. The aspirants with adequate foundational knowledge in the above mentioned subjects have to appear for various Engineering Entrance Exams conducted by the State and Central Universities, Institutes and Education Boards.
- The aspirants have to pass their 12th or equivalent standard examination.
- Depending on the terms of Engineering Exam, The marks percentages in 12th have to be between 45% to 75% marks.
- SC/ST/OBC students with lower percentages can also appear for the exam as they receive 10% relaxation in marks.
- Only the 12th standard or equivalent qualification from recognized boards/colleges is taken as the primary criterion for eligibility to sit for the engineering entrance exams.
How To Apply For Engineering Entrance Exams:
- The interested students can apply online after the official notification is issued by the Board/Institute conducting the exam.
- The official website of the board has to be visited and the application form link can be clicked.
- The online application form has to be filled by providing correct details.
- The payment of examination fee has to be ensured to complete the online application procedure.
- The application form has to be downloaded and a print out can be taken for reference.
- Based on the specified application procedure rules, the hard copy of application has to be submitted to the offices of the Board using registered post or courier or speed post.
- The postal applications require photocopy enclosures including X and XII marks sheets and certificates, caste category testimonial, domicile certificate, and other supporting documents.
Aerospace, Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Electronics and Communications, Information Technology, Electrical and Electronics, Aeronautical, Chemical, Automation and Robotics, Mechanical Production, Mathematics and Computing, Software Engineering, etc., are given high priority by students aspiring to graduate in BE/BTech.
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main:
The JEE Main exam is the main qualification exam for admissions into BE, B Tech, BArch, B Planning, etc., courses. These engineering courses are offered by IIITs, NITs, IIITM, IIITDM, State & Central funded institutions, self-financed deemed universities, etc.,. The applicants should have passed Class 12th in PCM stream. The exam can be attempted for three times.
Read More – JEE Main
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced:
Aspirants who passed JEE Main with a top 1.5K place in the merit list are qualified for the JEE Advanced exam. The exam is held to admit successful candidates into Bachelors, Bachelor-Masters, or Integrated Masters in Science, Engineering, Pharmaceuticals, Architecture at 23 IITs and ISM.
Read More – JEE Advanced
GATE- Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering:
Graduates with BE/B Tech or Masters with MCA/MSc/MA are eligible to sit for GATE. The exam score is useful to pursue PG programmes at IITs and IISc including MTech/MS/ME/ and PhD programmes. GATE score is also acceptable for job recruitment at BHEL, NHPC, NTPC, BARC, etc., Private organizations also recruit on the basis of GATE score with or without an additional recruitment test.
Read More – GATE
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE):
The entrance is conducted to enrol meritorious candidates into B Tech Courses. Candidates who have passed their 12th Class can apply using online mode or postal/ courier services. VIT offers professional engineering education and admissions are open to 5000 engineering seats.
Read More – VITEEE
Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT):
Eligibility criteria for BITSAT includes 75% marks in 12th standard. Interested students can sit for the exam to get admitted into Engineering courses offered at different campuses of BITS. Applications can be submitted online starting December for the exam scheduled to be held in May – June of the examination year.
Read More – BITSAT
MHT-CET Maharashtra Engineering Entrance Exam:
Students from General and reserved categories with 50% and 45% marks respectively in their 12th standard exam are qualified to take the MHT-CET. The online registration and examination are scheduled for March and May respectively of the year of examination. The entrance ensures meritorious candidates with a seat in various engineering colleges across Maharashtra.
Read More- MHT CET
UPSEE- Uttar Pradesh State Engineering Entrance Exam:
Students from General and reserved categories with 45% and 40% marks respectively in their 12th standard exam are qualified to take the UPSEE. Math and Physics in 12th are required along with chemistry/biology/bio-tech/technical vocational subject as optional. Admission is to engineering colleges offering BE/BArch courses with 10% seats reserved for non-UP students.
Read More – UPSEE
Delhi Combined Entrance Exam – Delhi Common Engineering Entrance Exam – DCEE:
Students from General and reserved categories with 50% and 45% minimum marks respectively in their 12th standard exam are qualified to take the DCEE. All aspirants have to be residents or nonresidents of Delhi with residents receiving 85% seats. Candidates have to be between 17 and 21 years of age. The entrance qualifiers can get admitted into Delhi Technological University, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) and other colleges in Delhi to pursue Engineering courses.