East Central Railway Recruitment 2016 Hajipur For The Post Of Constables In RPF/RPSF(BAND):
This is a general application to all the eligible male/female candidates willing to apply for the post of Constables (BAND) for Railway Protection Force/ Railway Protection Special Force. The detailed instruction and post specification for the applicants are given below;
Total number of vacancy:
The number of vacancies for male and female candidates as per their reservation is given below. Also the overall list of the vacancy can be seen below;
The overall instrument-wise vacancy for various posts is given below:
|6.||Brass Slide Trumpet||24|
- Each candidate is required to send only application.
- 10% of the overall vacancies are reserved for the Ex-service men and this category does not include the retired or discharged from Central Armed Police Forces. The age relaxation for them is up to 3 years for UR, 6 years for OBC and 8 years for SC/ST after deducting it from their military service. Further, if no such liable candidates are obtained in Ex-servicemen category, than those vacancies will be filled by the general candidates as per their reservation and merit.
- These vacancies are provisional. The railway administrations have full right to increase or decrease the number of vacancies. Also they have the right to make changes in the application or eligibility criteria irrespective of time.
- These posts have found not suitable for the person with disabilities and hence exempted from the category under section 33 and 47 of the persons with disabilities act, 1995.
- The selected candidate will bound to be liable anywhere in India in RPF.
The pay of Band is 5200-20200 + Grade Pay: 2000/- plus the basic allowances given by Central Administrative from time to time.
The candidates who have any relative or spouse in RPF/RPSF are not eligible for the post to apply.
- Citizenship: The candidate must be citizen of India.
- Qualification: The candidate must possess matriculation certificate from recognized University/Board. Education certificate other than from recognized board must possess Government of India notification notifying that the qualification is equivalent to it. The candidate should have the certificate with them before submission of application.
- Age: The minimum age of the candidate should be 18 and maximum 25 as dated on 01.07.2016. The candidate must be born between 02.07.1991 and 02.07.1998 and date of birth should be mentioned on the matriculation certificate or on the equivalent certificate; otherwise the application will not be entertained.
- Experience of the candidate should not exceed 02 years in specified musical instrument. Ex-service men possessing musical certificate are permissible.
- Age Relaxation:
|Candidate holding Domicile in Jammu and Kashmir at period of 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 (Unreserved Candidates)||UR- 05 Years
OBC- 08 Years
|Divorced women, widow or separated from husband but not remarried||UR- 02 Years
OBC- 05 Years
SC/ST- 07 Years
The candidate must meet the following physical standards:
|Category||Heights (in cms)||Chest (Male) (in cms)|
|For Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Marathas, Dongras, Kumaonese and other specified categories by Government **||163||155||80||85|
** Candidate must possess the Domicile certificate from the District Magistrate/Tehsildar and other categories specified by Govt. from time to time.
The recruitment process is based on the eligibility of the candidate after scrutinizing the above aspects. The scrutinized candidates will be allowed to take the Written Test, Physical Efficiency Test, Physical Measurement Test, verifying the documents and extra award bonus for NCC/Sports certificates and Height.
- Written Test: The written test is eligible for the candidates who have passed the scrutiny test. The written examination is based on OMR based Answer Sheets. The question paper comprises of 60 MCQ each of one marks. The time duration of the test is 45 minutes. The Question Paper will be of Matriculation standards. Further the Question paper is divided into subcategories of 20 question on General Awareness, 20 on Arithmetic, and 20 on General Intelligence and Reasoning. Each correct answer will add 01 marks to the result while wrong answers will deduct 1/3 marks. No marks will be added or deducted for non attempted questions.
The Question Paper is available in different languages for the convenience of the candidates. The language option offered in various States and Union Territories are listed below;
|Group||States and Union Territories where centers are located||Languages|
|1||Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Goa, A&N Islands, Lakshadweep, Puducherry||Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada|
|2||Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Hindi, English, Urdu, Marathi, Gujarati|
|3||Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Assam, Odisha, Sikkim, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram,Nagaland||Hindi, English, Urdu, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Manipuri|
|4||Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir, Chandigarh||Hindi, English, Urdu, Punjabi|
- The candidate will be allowed to choose any of the group from above list. Once any of the group has been chosen by the candidate, he/she has to give the examination in the languages prescribed in that group.
- Question papers will be set in the above languages given. The candidate can choose any of the language to write the paper. Once chosen, cannot be changed in any circumstances.
- The candidate must acquire 21 marks for UR/OBC and 18 marks for SC/ST to qualify the written test.
- The call letters will be posted to the candidates’ address which he/she had submitted at the time of application submission
B) Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Measurements and Document Verification.
- Those candidates, who have qualified the written test, will be called for PET and PMT which is 10 times the number of vacancies. The call letter send to them to the self stamped address envelopes submitted at the time of application submission. The candidates will be allowed for PET and PMT only if they produced those call letters.
- The PET comprises of three levels as listed below. Each of the level is compulsory for the candidate to qualify it. The minimum qualification in each level for the candidate is given below;
|Events||Male||Female||Number of Chances|
|800 meters||03 min 40 sec||03 min 40 sec||One|
|Long Jump||09 feet||09 feet||Two|
|High Jump||03 feet||03 feet||Two|
NOTE: Ex-servicemen will be exempted from PET.
- 800 meters will be held first and the candidates qualifying it will be allowed for the next test. Each level will be knock-out level for the candidate. Candidates qualifying the PET will be further called for PMT. Candidates who fails in any of the test ie. PET and PMT will be declared as ‘failed’.
- Document Verification
- The documents will be verified of the candidates who had qualified the PET and PMT only.
- All the original documents shall be present at the time of document verification. The candidate must produce the original documents justifying their qualification and age. The candidates must possess SC/ST/OBC certificates in the prescribed format given in the advertisement. Failing to this, if the candidate has any urgent circumstances such as stolen/lost f documents, will be given an extended time for 4 weeks. If the candidate fails to produce in due time, he/she will be disqualified. Also the candidate must be present at the time of document verification; failing to this will lead to disqualification of his/her application irrespective of his/her performance in written test and PMT and PET.
- Trade test will be of 40 marks, will be the prime selection of the candidate, in which the candidate has to score 16 marks for UR/OBC and 14 for SC/ST candidates out of 40 marks.
- The candidate has to bring his/her instrument at the time of test.
- The candidates will be tested by experts in committee in their instruments.
The candidates appearing in the trade test will be then sent to medical examination at Railway Hospitals.es suffering from color blindness, flat foot, knock-knee, squint eyes and other body defects will not be entertained. Sending for medical examination does not assure that he/she has been selected.
After selection of the candidate, he/she will undergo an initial training at any of the RPF/RPSF centers. The candidate is liable to pass the training exam at the end to get selected.
An application fee of Rs.50/- (non-refundable) has to pay by the candidate through postal Demand Draft/Indian Postal Order in favor of Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer, East Central Railway, Hajipur. Candidate belonging to SC/ST and Ex-servicemen are exempted from the fees.
|Latest Job Notifications|
How To Apply:
Instruction For filling the forms:
- The format of the application form is given in Annexure-A. Also it can be downloaded from official website of the Indian Railways (www.ecr.indianrailways.gov.in). the form can be also taken from the employment news or from this advertisement and can be submitted on A4 size bond paper, one side ruled and post it to IG-Chief Security Commissioner, East Central Railway, Hajipur, Pin Code- 844101, Bihar.
- The words “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CONSTABLE (BAND) IN RPFAND RPSF” should be scribed over the top of the envelope of application.
- DD/PO as above described in point no. 9 should be included with the application form.
- Applications should be filled by the candidate in his/her writing in English or Hindi. The right and left thumb impression should be affixed in the boxes given at the below of the form. Signing in capital letter or outside the box will be treated as invalid and application will be rejected. Application with any correction or overwriting may liable to be rejected.
- The color photographs of size 4.5 cms X 3.5 cms which should not be earlier than three months should be affixed in the form. Two additional photos should be affixed with the form. The photos should be clear and of proper background and should not have cap or sunglasses. Such photographs found on the application will be rejected.
- Application must comprise of these photocopies with it:
- Photocopies of matriculation certificates as qualification and age proof.
- Self attested certificates of having experience of two years in band and played the instruments listed above.
- Copy of self attested SC/ST community certificate as prescribed in Annexure-B.
- Declaration of candidate if belonging to OBC as in Annexure-C.
- Two additional photographs as described above in 10.e point.
- Two self addressed envelopes (28 cms X 12 cms) each bearing Rs.5/- postal stamp on it.
Travel Allowance for SC/ST candidates:
The candidates applying online for the application must upload their SC/ST caste certificate (As prescribed in Annexure-B). The candidates applying through offline mode should enclose the Annexure-B format with it. A free travel would be allotted to such candidates through post. The ticket checking authority will ask you to produce the original certificate of SC/ST. The Authority will not be responsible if there is any delay in sending the concession application to travel authority.
Rejection of applicants:
- Applications not submitted in Annexure-A format.
- Photographs not affixed or as prescribed way.
- Incompletely signed or signed in capital letters.
- Application filled in other than English or Hindi language.
- PO/DD not enclosed with the form
- Non-enclosure of self attested certificates whichever applicable.
- Under or over age
- Declaration passage not written or written in other than English or Hindi language or written in capital letters or not written by the candidate in his/her writing.
- Left and right thumb impression not clear or in the boxes given below.
- Photographs not as prescribed above or black and white photographs affixed.
- Date of birth filled incorrect or not written.
- More than one application submitted.
- Matriculation certificate not from recognized board or equivalent certificate.
- Application received after last date.
- Any other irrelevant information provided which is not required.
- Not possessing the required qualification till last date of submission.
- Non-enclosure of envelopes
- For Ex-servicemen, the date of discharge should not exceed late date of submission.
- Difference in signature.
- Candidates should make their own arrangement for lodging/boarding for written test, PET and PMT.
- The candidate should appear in written test, PET and PMT on their own risk. The Authorities will not be responsible for any miss happening happened with the candidate.
- Candidates should bring their own valuables required for the examination.
- Impersonation if found, the application will be rejected and criminal cases would be initiated against the candidate.
- All the decisions are abide by the railway authorities and have the right to accept or reject any application at any time. The venue and time will be set by them. They can change them irrespective of time.
- If the candidate has any queries, should get in touch with the authority as soon as possible before the last date of submission.
East Central Railway Recruitment 2016 Notification: http://www.ecr.indianrailways.gov.in//uploads/files/1456204835297-A1.pdf