List of Documents Required For Counselling in India:
Documents Required for Counselling: Counselling process is initiated by Education and Service Boards for selecting students and employees for University seats and Organizational recruitments respectively. A Selection Committee of professional educators or experienced senior employees is appointed to oversee this procedure. The dates and venues for the Counselling process are declared after the preparation of merit lists and issue of rank cards. This is a formal event and aspirants have to follow a professional approach in order to achieve the desired result.
The prevalent methodology for counselling is offline mode. Universities and Private Organizations may also utilize the online counselling procedures. The offline and online counselling process is normally preceded by document verification. The counselling procedures for seat allotment and recruitments have different criteria. The following instructions and guidelines provide the necessary information for both students and job aspirants with emphasis on Documents Verification process-
Counselling For Seat Allotment In Colleges/Universities:
The counselling methodology can be divided into three stages. The Pre-Counselling Stage, The Document Verification Process, and Counselling For Exercising Choice.
The Pre-Counselling Stage-
- The student who received the rank card has to either register for counselling or directly reach the venue on the counselling dates.
- Registration and exercising of choice can be done online if the university makes a provision for the same.
- Offline counselling is the standard mode and students have to prepare the necessary documents with a mental note of their choice of academic discipline and college.
The Document Verification Process of Counselling-
The document verification process precedes the counselling or it can be done simultaneously at the discretion of concerned authorities. The aspirant has to prepare himself or herself by putting in sufficient effort to gather all the necessary documents well ahead of scheduled counselling dates. The candidate has to arrive at the venue before scheduled time dressed in formal attire. The following list provides the details for necessary documents –
- The call letter /admit card/hall ticket for counselling issued by the relevant Board.
- The rank card issued by the authorities specifying the candidates merit standing in the examination.
- The Demand Draft/Judicial Stamp has to be brought if fee payment has been specified in rules .
- 2 or 3 recent photos of passport size either in colour or black and white.
- The photographs should be identical and may require names written down on the backside.
- Only original certificates must be brought for verification.
- 2 or 3 sets of photocopies of all certificates should also be arranged and brought.
- All the photocopy sets must be attested.
- The proof of date of birth is essential. Class X /SSC certificate and marksheet are used for this purpose.
- Photo identity proof (Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport, Pan Card, Etc.)
- Memorandum of Marks, Pass Certificate and Transfer/Migration Certificates for 10/Intermediate or 10+2/Higher as applicable.
- Resident Certificates issued by authorized local bodies.
- Caste certificates issued by competent authorities for candidates belonging to following reservation categories – SC/ST/OBC/PH/Sports/Minority/NCC/Anglo-Indian/etc.,
- Supporting documents include – income certificate, bona-fide/conduct certificates, memberships, scholarships and non-academic/sports/NCC merit certificates, rewards and awards, etc.,
- All the above mentioned certificates should be from competent and relevant authorities and boards like – Head Of The Institute, School Headmaster, District Medical Board, Panchayat, Municipality, District Collectors Office, etc.,
- If an associate or friend is replacing the candidate for counselling as per rules, then the relevant fixed format authorization and authentication proofs have to be produced.
- Equivalent academic certificates are also accepted provided they are relevant and recognizable. These should have been issued by reputed and popular Schools/Institutes/Colleges/Universities of some standing.
Counselling For Exercising Choice-
- The documents are verified thoroughly and the candidate is asked to exercise his or her choice.
- Candidates who fail to submit original documents will be advised to forfeit or cancellation is done in an authoritarian manner.
- The aspirant has to make a judicious choice based on available options at that specific time.
Counselling For Employment Of Eligible Candidates:
Counselling for Recruitments also involves the document verification process which is initiated directly for walk-ins or after the preparation of short list of meritorious candidates. The document verification and counselling may lead to direct appointment. Alternatively, There may be additional rounds of trade tests, physical endurance tests, personal interviews, group discussions, viva voce, etc., depending on the recruiting organization’s rules and requirements.
The following list can be checked for documents verification process-
- The aspirants have to produce original certificates and correct information only.
- Those who submit falsified documents or make unverifiable claims can be rejected and/or debarred for specific period of time or permanently.
- Call-letters issued for counselling.
- Attested photocopies of all documents brought for verification. 2 to 3 sets arranged in order or stapled/filed together are advisable.
- Photo ID – Colour or monochrome photos of passport size that are identical. 5 photos is advisable. Informal photos, Facebook profile pictures, web camera photos, etc., are not permitted.
- ID proof- Aadhar Card, PAN card, Passport, Driving license, Voter Id, Bank Passbook, Ration Card, etc.,
- Age proof- Birth Certificate/ SSC or 10th or equivalent certificate and marks sheets.
- Educational Qualifications – 10+2 or Intermediate or equivalent; Degree/Diploma; PG Degree/Diploma, NET/SET/NCERT/ITI/etc., certificates. These should be accompanied by respective mark sheets, bona fide/conduct and transfer certificates.
- Experience proof – formal employment contract, self-employed proof, or recent fixed- format letter from current employer with letter head/attestation/stamp/signature.
- Certificates showcasing desired qualities – Grants from research institutes/academia, reference letters from reputed organizations and people, journal publications, seminar presentations, professional project work documents, etc.,
- Computer and Trade skills – Recognisable Certificates of relevance from reputed Institute/School/College/etc.,
- Caste and Category proof – relevant certificates issued by competent authorities/State and Central Govt. bodies/Municipal Councils/Army/Women’s Commissions/etc., for candidates from SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-Servicemen/Women/etc. Creamy layer of OBC is usually omitted from reservations.
- Those who are currently employed have to produce recent payslip, No Objection Certificate from employer, and relieving orders.
- Supporting documents and formalities – commendation certificates, participatory certificates in competitions, awards and trophies, NCC, Volunteer work, Memberships, etc., The application form, fee payment slips, e-challan copies can also be brought.
Note: The above lists are general in nature. Students and job seekers have to refer to official terms of reference in the notified advertisements for any additional specific requirements.