DIAT Recruitment 2017 – Walk-in Interview for Assistant Professor Post
DIAT Recruitment 2016 – Assistant Professor position (on a contract basis) is available at Defence Institute Of Advanced Technology.
The Defence Institute Of Advanced Technology (DIAT) is a premier University under the Department of Defence Research & Development, Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India. It is a deemed university under UGC ACT , section 3, 1956. The University is making remarkable contribution in the stream of HRD or Human Resource Development.
Quality education in Defence Technology is offered to Defence Forces here. In addition, training and research assistance is provided to Armed Forces officers and DRDO scientists. Technical Officers belonging to the Ordnance Factory Board, Quality Assurance Directorate and other PSUs of Defence Ministry are helped. Foreign countries friendly towards India are also provided necessary support.
National Security and Defence Ministries require all help in safeguarding the nation. The Institute does its best in conducting research and generates results to assist in this process.
The DIAT Campus is located close to the Khadakwasla Lake with overlooking Sahyadri hills. The environment is picturesque and the Lohegaon Airport, located in Pune, is just 30 kms away. Bus service is provided by Pune Municipal Transport, and NDA can be reached by road.
There are four posts available and candidates with necessary qualifications can walk-in.
The posts are in different departments like Aerospace, Electronics, and Mechanical Engineering. Hence, the specialization area for different positions is different. The terms clearly state that the engagement is only for a six month period. It can however be extended for another six month period subject to the discretion of the competent authority. The same conditions and terms will also apply if there is an extension. Further details are listed in table below.
The Advertisement Number for this contract post is ADVT. No.03/FP/2016. It was released on June 27th, 2016.
Check Here – Jobs in Pune
The notification provides details pertaining to the Assistant Professor posts in the following table:
|Department||Position||No. of Positions||Area of Specialization|
|Mechanical Engineering||Assistant Professor||01||Thermal / Heat and Mass Transfer|
|Aerospace Engineer||Assistant Professor||02||(a)Aircraft/ Rockets/ Missiles/ Air breathing propulsion
(b) Flight Structures
|Electronics Engineer||Assistant Professor||01||Signal Theory/ Stochastic Process/ Discrete Time Signal Processing/ Adaptive Signal Processing Techniques/ Detection & Estimation Theory.|
All the above mentioned posts at the Institute are strictly on a contract basis only. The advertisement mentions that the competent authority has the final say in selection process.
The minimum qualifications that are essential for the posts mentioned are listed below :
- Essential qualification is Master’s Degree in Engineering and Technology with First Class. Specialization in the concerned branch should be appropriate as mentioned in the above table.
- Desirable qualifications include:
- Relevant experience in research and training are welcome. Professional or industrial experience from a reputed organization is welcome.
- Published papers in Journals with reference and/or papers presented at conferences.
- A doctor of philosophy or PhD degree in the area of relevance.
The advertisement states that 60% aggregate or CGPA equivalent will be accepted as First Class if the Master Degree Division or class are not mentioned by the candidate. With regard to awarded CGPA, that is calculated on a 10-point scale, the following equivalence table will be used to determine the candidate’s class:
|CGPA||Percentage Of Marks|
The competent authority may consider leniency in terms of experience and qualifications, if the candidate displays considerable merit and exceptional talent.
According to the DIAT advertisement, the candidates looking to apply for the job must be about 40 years. Relaxation of Age limit in terms of being above 40 years is applicable to candidates with merit and exceptional abilities.
As the qualifications being sought are from specialized areas, candidates who meet all the eligible criteria for the posts are encouraged to walk-in for the mandatory interview. The advertisement invites people with disabilities or PWD and women to apply. PWD candidates are given preferential treatment. However, all the other requirement criteria have to be met by all the applicants.
The posts are on a contract basis and the consolidated salary is Rs. 48,600/- .
The advertisement clearly states that candidates, who are selected, may be provided necessary accommodation on the campus premises. This is, however, subject to the payment of a license fee and also availability.
How to Apply:
Suitable candidates can walk-in here at around 0930 hours on July 11th of 2016:
DEFENCE INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY,
Pune – 411 025
Eligible candidates must submit the following details at the interview:
- The application form available with this advertisement has to be filled correctly.
- Necessary documents (copies) with age proof, certificate of experience, and academic qualifications must be self-attested. Original certificates must also be brought for the interview.
- Any of the candidates who are presently employed elsewhere, but are seeking employment with DIAT, are requested to bring the necessary certificate from their current employer. The NOC or no objection certificate must be produced at the interview by the candidate seeking selection.
The walk-in interview is scheduled for July 11th, 2016 at 0930 hours at DIAT(DU).
The date determining the candidate’s qualification in terms of upper age limit, experience, and qualification will also be the date of cut-off i.e. July 11th, 2016.
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
The relevant application form can be downloaded at the following link:
Latest DIAT Recruitment 2016 Updates – Check Here
The candidates can visit the official website of DIAT at: http://diat.ac.in/
Advance information can be provided by sending CV to the following email address:
The official notification released by RIE is available for download at the following link:
- The Institute declares that it reserves all the rights in considering and filling any of the above mentioned positions in any of the Departments/Specializations.
- In case candidates appearing are not suitable for the post, the Institute reserves all rights in not filling up any of the above mentioned positions that have been advertised. Non-availability of the candidates is a valid criteria for the Institute.