CUSAT CAT 2017:
CUSAT CAT 2017 will be conducted soon. The Cochin University of Science and Technology has recently published advertisement for CAT 2017 as per which the university will be conducted the Common Admission Test (CAT) for candidates wanting to secure admissions at its affiliated colleges. The candidates who want to pursue any degree in engineering must apply for CUSAT CAT 2017 which is accepted across numerous participating institutes and offering over 10 UG engineering courses. The Test is expected to be held in the 4th Week of April 2017. The application form will be shortly released on its official site for which complete information has been provided in this given advertisement.
CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria:
The contestants must fulfill the basic eligibility criteria et by CUSAT CAT 2017 which are as followed –
- The aspirants must have qualified HSC or 10+2 or equivalent from well recognized board in Kerala scoring not less than 50% in Mathematics and minimum 50% combined in PCM group.
For Instrumentation Technology
- The candidates preparing to pursue Instrumentation Technology must be HSC qualified with minimum score of 60% on PCM group and not less than 55% in Mathematics subjects.
- The candidates domiciled of the Kerala State must have scored minimum 50% in Mathematics subject and 55% collectively in PCM group.
How to Fill CUSAT CAT 2017 Application Form:
It is very important to submit the application form correctly as even minor mistakes will lead to the form getting rejected. To make it easy for freshers or repeaters, we have compiled the easiest instructions on How to FIll the CUSAT CAT 2017 Application Form which is as follows –
- The very first step is to go to the URL www.cusat.nic.in.
- On the site, the candidates will have to register first in order to create account.
- While registration process, the candidates will be prompted to enter basic details after which the system will auto-generate provisional registration number.
- By making use of the provided credentials, log in to the website and continue with the application procedure.
- The aspirants will have to fill all the details asked by the application ranging from personal Information, Educational qualifications, to experience, etc.
- After entering all the details, proceed to the next section where the aspirants are required to upload scanned images of their signature and photo along with all the scanned documents if required.
- After completing all the application procedures, proceed to the payment gateway for online payment of application fee or opt for offline payment through bank challan.
- The last instructions is to obtain the hard copy of the application form and application fee acknowledgement for future references.
The candidates can choose the payment option that is offline or online.
- The online payment is through Debit or Credit or Internet Banking whereas the offline payment is through SBI or SBT Bank Challan.
Following are the Application Fee structure for various categories –
|Additional Fees for Dubai Centre||10,000/-|
|International Students||US $100|
CUSAT CAT Exam Cities 2017:
The CUSAT CAT 2017 will be conducted in the 3rd Week of April tentative across many exam centres in India and Abroad. The Test will be conducted in Dubai as well.
CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern 2017:
The CUSAT CAT 2017 is a computer based objective type test conducted over a duration of 3 hours. The Test will have total 750 marks weightage with bifurcation of number of questions for each subjects as follows –
- Chemistry + Physics – 125
- Mathematics – 125
The participants will receive +3 marks for every correct attempt and -1 will be deducted for every wrong attempt.
CUSAT CAT Syllabus 2017:
|Mathematics||Vector Algebra, Permutations and combinations, Trigonometry, Coordinate geometry, 3D Geometry, Sequences and Series, etc.|
|Physics||Electrostatics, Optics, Gravitation, Thermodynamics, Rotational Motion, Atoms and Nuclei, Electromagnetic Waves, Laws of Motion, etc.|
|Chemistry||Hydrogen, Polymers, States of Matter, Equilibrium, Surface Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Solutions, Chemical Thermodynamics, Atomic Structure, etc.|
CUSAT CAT Admit Card 2017:
The Admit Card are expected to be out on the official portal in the 3rd week of April 2017 as per the official notification. The aspirants are required to produce the admit card during the date of examination failing which the candidates will not be allowed to attend the examination. It is highly recommended that as soon as the Admit Cards are released on its official website, the candidates must download it and take the printout of the same after verifying its correctness. Incase if any mistake is found, report to the concerned authority to get it rectified.
CUSAT CAT Results 2017:
After candidates have attempted the CUSAT CAT 2017 Test, they will have to wait for a little time so that the Cochin University could assess the answer sheets and evaluation the marks obtained by the candidates. After evaluation, the organization will release the Results that is scheduled to be posted in 3rd Week of April 2017. In order to take admissions under any engineering course, the candidates will have to wait for cut off list to be published.
CUSAT CAT Cutoff & Rank List 2017:
Once the results are released, within few days, the official Rank List and Cutoff scores will be posted on the official website of Cochin University. The cut off list if the minimum scores required to be obtained in order to qualify the test. The candidates with scores above cutoff scores will be eligible to take admissions in any colleges that accepts CUSAT CAT 2017 scores in the obtained range.
CUSAT CAT Counseling 2017:
The last step towards admission procedure will be the counseling session where the candidates will be called in order to secure admissions at any participating institute accepting their scores. The tentative date for counseling is in the 2nd week of July 2017. During counseling, the participants will have to produce original documents to authenticate their claims made in the application form. The seats will be awarded based on the applicant’s rank.
|Commencement of Online Registration||3rd Week of January 2017|
|Final Date for Submission||3rd Week of February 2017|
|Admit Card Availability||3rd Week of April 2017|
|Date of Examination||3rd Week of April 2017|
|Results||3rd Week of May 2017|
|Counseling||3rd Week of July 2017|
The Official website of Cochin University of Science and Technology is www.cusat.nic.in