Coconut Development Board Recruitment 2016 – Assistant Director Post
An Assistant Director post (SC- reserved) is available according to an advertisement issued by Coconut Development Board Recruitment 2016
Coconut Development Board or CDB works under Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India . It is a statutory body for developing coconut cultivation and industry in an integrated manner. It aims for product diversification and increase in productivity, and recruits administrative staff for this purpose by advertising in employment news. According to a vacancy notification issued by Coconut Development Board Recruitment 2016, Candidates from SC category with requisite qualifications are invited to apply for the post of Assistant Director.
There is only one Assistant Director post available at CDB. This is reserved for a Scheduled Caste member and recruitment is on a direct basis.
According to a vacancy notification issued by Coconut Development Board Recruitment 2016, The Assistant Director post is a senior management position with administrative duties including assistance and support in various day to day operations involved with coconut cultivation as well as development of board functionalities.
According to a vacancy notification issued by Coconut Development Board Recruitment 2016, The Assistant Director post is reserved for SC candidate only. The recruitment will be done directly by competent authority after applications are scrutinized and candidates are shortlisted.
According to a vacancy notification issued by Coconut Development Board Recruitment 2016, the following vacancy details are provided :
Name of Post: Assistant Director
Number of posts: 1 Nos.
Board: Coconut Development Board
Ministry: Ministry of Agriculture and Family Welfare
Method of Selection: Direct Recruitment
Category: Scheduled Caste – Reserved.
According to a vacancy notification issued by Coconut Development Board Recruitment 2016, The essential qualifications that are required for the post of Assistant Director are listed below :
- The candidate should have a degree in Post graduation from a recognised university. The PG degree must be from one of the following branches – Agriculture, Horticulture, or Plant Science. The Plant science master’s degree holder should have experience in working on crops(plantation trees). Any equivalent degree of relevance will also be considered as acceptable.
- The eligible candidate should also have worked in a capacity of responsibility. This work experience should be for 6 years, and should include implementation and formulation of projects related to coconut development.
According to a vacancy notification issued by Coconut Development Board Recruitment 2016, the advertisement specifically mentions an age limit for the position of Assistant Director. The eligible candidate should be 45 years or below but not more than that.
The age relaxation rules are followed according to the directive from the Government and are applicable to both servants of Government as well as employees of Board for Coconut Development. This age limit relaxation will be up to 5 years and will be implemented according to Government instructions. The date crucial for age-limit determination will be same as last date for application receipt.
According to a vacancy notification issued by Coconut Development Board Recruitment 2016, The qualifications being sought are mentioned clearly, and candidates who meet all the eligible criteria for the post are encouraged to apply. The notification issued for this position clearly mentions that the applications will be scrutinized for proper completion and accuracy of details. Subsequently, The basis for recruitment would be direct.
According to a vacancy notification issued by Coconut Development Board Recruitment 2016, the position of Assistant Director has the following Grade Pay and Pay Band –
Rs. 15,600/- to Rs. 39,100/- is the Pay band and the Grade Pay is Rs 5,400/-
How to Apply:
According to a vacancy notification issued by Coconut Development Board Recruitment 2016,
Suitable candidates desirous of the Assistant Director job can apply using the following method :
- Application should be in prescribed format only. The Annexure-1 for this application form is available for download (reference only) at official website and links are given below.
- The application has to be typed and should be on a plain paper in fixed format.
- A passport photo has to be affixed.
- Copies of testimonials that prove date of birth, caste, experience and qualifications must be self-attested.
- All these should be enclosed with application and sent to the following address:
Coconut Development Board,
Kochi – 682011
Candidates who are employed with PSUs, Autonomous bodies, Research Institutions, Central and State Governments and are seeking Assistant Director posting should follow proper channels to apply so that their application can be considered.
The advertisement for Assistant Director vacancy was issued on 11/07/2016.
According to a vacancy notification issued by Coconut Development Board Recruitment 2016, The last date for submission of applications is within 30 days of the advertisement appearance in Employment sections of news.
The notification mentions that the age limit will be determined for the posts based on the last date of application submission. The closing date prescribed for North East states, and other districts and regions in J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Lakshadweep, and Andamans will not be taken into consideration for this purpose.
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
The official website is : http://coconutboard.nic.in/
The notification for vacancy along with application annexure – download here
- The Board reserves all rights to terminate recruitment process including rejection of some or all of the applications without giving any reasons to the candidates.
- Applications can be sent in English or Hindi.