CLAT Exam Notification – CLAT 2018 Online Registration, Eligibility, Fees
CLAT Exam 2018 : The annual Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is conducted for admission to 18 National Law Universities in India (NLU). The qualified candidates can enrol in the National Law Universities and pursue UG and PG courses in Law. Candidates who passed Senior Secondary Exam (12th) can give CLAT Entrance exam for LLB admissions. Candidates aspiring for LLM require LLB./5 yr. Integrated LL.B. (Hons.) or equivalent degree. Candidates can succeed in Common Law Admission Test Examination through planned study and intense preparation based on the CLAT exam pattern and syllabus.
Candidates can get admission into integrated LL.B. and LL.M. programme only if they crack the Common Law Admission Test in flying colours. Candidates who demonstrate knowledge and practical skills in Legal aptitude, Logical reasoning, English, General knowledge, and Elementary mathematics have greater chance of success in CLAT exam. CLAT Scores/ grades are accepted by National Law Universities, Private/Government Law Colleges, and PSU’s for 1 year. Our web site team has prepared the following page with complete details of CLAT Exam. Apply before the last date, and perform well for merit ranking. Good luck !…. and all the best from our entire website team.
Candidates can appear for the CLAT exam only if they satisfy the following CLAT Exam eligibility norms. The eligibility criteria for both CLAT UG courses and CLAT PG courses are mentioned below. Go through the CLAT Exam Qualification and CLAT Exam Age Limit carefully before you submit your CLAT 2018 Application Form.
- Upper age limit of candidates (SC/ST/OBC/SAP category) has to be 22 years or less.
- Other candidates (General /NRIs/NRI Sponsored) have to be 20 years or younger.
- The age limits of the candidates are reckoned as on 1st July 2018
CLAT UG Courses:
- SC/ST candidates who have passed 12th examination with minimum 40% marks
- Other category candidates should pass 12th examination with minimum 45% marks
- Candidates appearing for their 12th class exams in March/April are also be eligible. They have to submit marksheet/ provisional pass certificate at the time of admission.
CLAT PG Courses:
Candidates can pursue PG Course such as LL.M. only if they meet the following criteria-
- LL.B./5 Yr. Integrated LL.B. (Hons.)/ Equivalent Exam.
- SC and ST candidates have to secure 50% marks in qualifying examination.
- Candidates from other categories(Unreserved, OBC, etc.,) should score 55% marks.
- Candidates who are in their final semester/final year of LL.B. are eligible for CLAT.
The candidates have to submit the CLAT Application Form and pay the following application fee for admission into CLAT Exam –
|Category Of Candidates||Application Fee|
|General/OBC/SAP/ Others||Rs. 4000/-|
|Payment Mode||Online – Net banking, Credit/Debit cards|
- CLAT Entrance Exam is conducted and the merit list of qualifiers is released.
- Qualified candidates have to undergo the CLAT Counselling process for admission.
- Students are allotted a college based on their NLU preference list and ranking order.
- Seats are allotted and candidates can pursue Integrated L.L.B and L.L.M Courses
How To Apply CLAT 2018:
- First, You have to open the official website of CLAT at the following link – www.clat.ac.in
- Click the “Apply Online” link at the top right corner of the home page.
- Go through the official instructions and ensure your qualification.
- New users have to select the link “Register Yourself”.
- Fill in the details of CLAT registration form and verify before submission.
- You will receive the User ID and Password details through Mail and/or SMS.
- Registered candidates can login by clicking the link “Already Registered”.
- After receiving User ID and Password, Login again to fill the application form
- Completely fill in the CLAT Application Form with all the essential details.
- Upload scans of photograph, signature, required documents and certificates.
- Pay the application fee using the proper depositing procedure.
- Complete the final submission step and take a hard copy for future reference.
The following dates are significant as per the official CLAT Exam Notification –
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Date Of Official Notification||4th Week Of Dec, 2017|
|Start Date Of Online Application Submission||1st Week Of January, 2018|
|Last Date Of Online Application Submission (With Preference Order For NLUs)||4th Week Of March, 2018|
|Issue Date For Admit Card||3rd week of April 2018|
|CLAT Exam Date||2nd week of May 2018|
|Release Of Answer Key||3rd week of May 2018|
|Result And Merit List Declaration||4th week of May 2018|
|Commencement Of Counselling||1st week of June 2018|
|Closing Date For Admissions||1st week of July 2018|
The official website of CLAT 2018 is at the following link – http://www.clat.ac.in/
The official instructions and registration process link is at- Apply Now
|Marine Engineering Entrance Exams||Engineering Entrance Exams in India|
|Entrance Exams After Class 12th||Fashion Technology Entrance Exams|