CA CPT Application Form 2017 – ICAI Online Registration Last Dates – 26th, 30th April – Date Of Exam – 18th June, 2017
CA CPT Application Form 2017 For June Exams – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is conducting the Common Proficiency Test (CPT) in June this year. The written exam is held twice every year in June and December to test subject knowledge and quantitative aptitude of students. Eligible aspirants have to submit either online or OMR paper CA CPT application2017 by hand, before the below mentioned last dates. The online registration process will continue into April and the official website links are also provided below for the benefit of the interested candidates. The course registration at ICAI board is mandatory and aspirants whose validity has expired have to get themselves revalidated at the regional offices of ICAI. The CA CPT exam syllabus, pattern, and other useful details are prepared and provided here by our competent website team.
The CPT is a first level examination for undergraduate level students who aspire to become CAs. The written exam is conducted twice every year in June and December for aspirants with valid registration numbers. You can go through the following additional details in a thorough manner before submitting the online application forms. Aspirants who have switched over to Common Proficiency Course before 1st April, 2017 are also eligible to attend this written exam scheduled for June this year. Applications can also be sent by registered/speed post or handed over at the office counter in person during working hours.
CA CPT Application Details:
The details pertaining to the Common Proficiency Test for CA are tabulated here –
|Organization Name||Institute of Chartered Accountants of India|
|Exam Name||CA CPT|
|Validity Period Of Registration||3 years|
|Educational Qualifications||10 + 2 or 12th, Common Proficiency Course Registration|
|Exam Eligibility||Valid Registration Number On Date Of Exam|
The educational criteria mentioned in the above table are minimum and essential. The following are exempted from appearing for this written test –
- Commerce graduates/PGs with 55% aggregate in Full-time or Open University.
- Non-Commerce graduates/PGs with 60% aggregate from recognised universities.
CA CPT Exam Centres:
The aspirants who submitted the application forms and made the fee payment have to appear for the exams only on the specified dates. The valid registration number is necessary for all the candidates. The written exam is held at the following centres – All the major cities in East, West, North, South, and Central regions of India. The foreign centres include Kathmandu, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Muscat and Doha.
CA CPT Written Exam Pattern, Syllabus, And Marks Scheme:
- Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is a Paper-Pencil Mode Exam in Hindi or English.
- The written test is conducted in two sessions and has 4 sections.
- The topics include Accounting Fundamentals, Mercantile Laws, General Economics, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- The qualification mark as an aggregate of all sections is 50%.
- There is negative marking of 1/4th or 0.25 marks during evaluation.
- The marks distribution is as follows –
|Session||Section||Subject||Maximum Marks||Minimum Marks|
|Morning||A||Fundamentals Of Accounting||60||18|
CA CPT Application Fee:
The CA CPT Application Form 2017 notification has the following application fee details –
|Exam Centres||Online Application Form||OMR Application Form|
|India||Rs 500||Rs 1500|
|Kathmandu||Rs 850||Rs 1850|
|Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Doha, Dubai||US $150||US $170|
|Payment Mode||Online – Debit/Credit Cards||By Hand|
How to Apply CA CPT :
The aspirants can take note of the following sequence of steps for application –
- First you have to open the official website at the link – http://icaiexam.icai.org/
- Next hit the Login/Register tab at the top of the page.
- Register afresh if you do not have an account or login if you are already registered.
- Store the username and password you receive in email in a safe manner.
- Make the application form submission after studying the CPT exam details.
- Next, make the online payment of fee within last date and take print out.
- Save and print a copy of the filled in application form.
- Affix passport photos, gazetted signatures and enclose in an envelope along with print out of payment slip.
- Superscribe the envelope with “Online Application Form for June 2017 CPT Exam”.
- Use registered or speed post and submit before 30th April, at –
Deputy Secretary (Examinations)
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,
ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg,
New Delhi – 110002
The following significant dates have been tabulated as per the CA CPT Application Form 2017 notification –
|Starting Date For Online Exam Form Submission||5th April, 2017|
|Closing Date For Online Exam Form Submission||26th April, 2017 By 5.30 PM|
|Last Date For Print Out Receipt||30th April, 2017|
|Correction Window Dates||1st to 4th Weeks Of May, 2017|
|Date Of CPT Exam||18th June, 2017|
|Result Declaration Date||18th July, 2017|
The link to the official website of ICAI is at : http://icaiexam.icai.org/
The link to the official registration form is at: http://icaiexam.icai.org/index1.php#
CA CPT Application Form 2016-2017 Dec:
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has notified of the common proficiency test (CPT) for Chartered Accountancy Course. Students who passed 12th and registered for CPT course are eligible to apply using the online mode. As per the CA CPT Application Form 2016-2017 Notification, students who revalidated their CPT course registrations within 3 years can also submit the CPT Application Form. The online payment gateway is provided for registered users to make the payment of the non-refundable fee. The application form can be downloaded and a postal submission also has to be made before 31st Oct. The CPT is conducted by ICAI at centres in India and overseas in December, 2016. The admit cards for the exam are also issued online by the ICAI authorities in a prompt manner. The candidates are advised by ICAI to regularly check the online resources for future updates and further information regarding applications, admit cards, results, answer keys, etc.,
The details of the Common Proficiency Test for CA Admissions is tabulated below:
|Sl. No||Examination Name||Eligibility||Examiner||Exam Date||Qualification Score|
|1||Common Proficiency Test||10+2 or 12th or Equivalent;
CPT Course Registration/Revalidation
|Institute of Chartered Accountants of India – ICAI||18/12/2016||30% – each section;
50% marks aggregate
The eligibility criteria mentioned in the above table are minimum and essential. Additional details are listed below –
- Commerce post- graduates and graduates with 55% marks need not take CPT.
- Candidates with PG and graduation with 60% from non-Commerce stream are also exempt.
The age requirements are not specified in the CA CPT Application Form 2017 notification.
The following selection procedure for CA admissions has been suggested as per the guidelines –
- Candidates with eligibility have to appear for the CPT examination.
- Eligibility criteria include 10 + 2 or equivalent, and CPT Course Registration/Revalidation.
- The exam paper will have 4 sections for a total of 200 marks.
- The qualification cut off is 30% marks in each section with 50% marks as aggregate for all the sections.
Written Exam Pattern And Syllabus:
- Exam is conducted in only one sitting at the chosen centres.
- The morning session covers Sections A and B with Accounting Fundamentals and Mercantile Laws for 60 marks and 40 marks respectively.
- The afternoon session will cover Sections C and D i.e. General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude for 50 marks each.
- Each session of the written examination is for a duration of 2 hours.
- Each wrong answer will lead to a negative mark of 1/4.
- Students who score the cut off marks i.e. 50% aggregate with 30% in each section are deemed to have passed in the CPT examination.
- The results will be declared online within one month of the examination date.
The CA CPT Application Form 2016-2017 notification provides the following details for the application fee –
|India Centres||Rs 500/-|
|Kathmandu Centre||Rs 850/-|
|Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Doha, Muscat||US $150|
|Online Fee Payment Methods||Debit, Credit Cards – Visa, Master, Maestro|
How to Apply:
The candidates can take note of the following application procedure instructions –
- Eligible candidates have to create an account by submitting details such as registration number, date of birth, email, mobile, etc.,.
- The login user id and password will be sent to the candidate by email.
- The candidates can login and submit the online application form after filling in all the correct details.
- The online payment gateway has to be used to pay the specified fee.
- The application form in PDF format is available for download at the candidate’s dashboard.
- Candidates are advised to retain login details and photocopies of filled in application forms for future correspondence with ICAI.
- The application form with two affixed passport photos, required signatures and attestations has to be submitted without being folded.
- The envelope can be super scribed with “Online Application Form for 18th December, 2016 CPT Exam”.
- Registered/Speed post can be used to submit before 31st October by 5.30 PM at –
Deputy Secretary (Exams.),
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,
‘ICAI Bhawan’, Indraprastha Marg,
New Delhi – 110 002
The following significant dates have been tabulated pertaining to the CA CPT Application Form –
|Commencement Date For Online CPT Examination Form||6th October, 2016|
|Last Date For Submission Of Online CPT Examination Form||27th October, 2016 By 5.30PM|
|Last Date For Receipt Of Print Out Of CPT Examination Form||31st October, 2016|
|Correction Window Dates||November, 2016|
|CPT Examination Date||18th December, 2016|
The link to the official website of ICAI Exams is at : http://icaiexam.icai.org/
Check here – CA CPT Results