CA CPT Application Form 2017-2018 – ICAI Online Registration Exam Date – 17th Dec 2017
CA CPT Application Form 2017 for December Exams – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is conducting the Common Proficiency Test (CPT) in December this year. The written exam is held twice every year in June and December to test subject knowledge and quantitative aptitude of students. Eligible aspirants have to submit either online or OMR paper CA CPT application form 2017 by hand, before the below mentioned last dates. The online registration process will continue into October and the official website links are also provided below for the benefit of the interested candidates. The course registration at ICAI board is mandatory and aspirants whose validity has expired have to get themselves revalidated at the regional offices of ICAI. The CA CPT exam syllabus, pattern, and other useful details are prepared and provided here by our competent website team.
The CPT is a first level examination for undergraduate level students who aspire to become CAs. The written exam is conducted twice every year in June and December for aspirants with valid registration numbers. You can go through the following additional details in a thorough manner before submitting the online application forms. Aspirants who have switched over to Common Proficiency Course before 26th Oct 2017 are also eligible to attend this written exam scheduled for December 2017. Applications can also be sent by registered/speed post or handed over at the office counter in person during working hours.
CA CPT Application Form Dec 2017 Imp Dates :
|Commencement of Online filling of CPT Examination Form||4th October, 2017 (10:00 A.M. IST)|
|Last date & time for Login Creation/New User Registration||01st November, 2017 upto 5:30 P.M. (IST)|
|Last date & time for filling the form and making payment without Late Fee through already created Login||25th October, 2017 upto 23:59 P.M. (IST)|
|Last date & time for filling the form and making payment with Late Fee through already created Login||01st November, 2017 upto 23:59 P.M. (IST)|
|Last date for receipt of print out of online examination form duly filled up(PDF) without Late Fee||30th October, 2017|
|Last date for receipt of print out of online examination form duly filled up(PDF) with Late Fee||06th November, 2017|
|Date of CPT Examination||17th December, 2017 (Sunday)|
|Hosting of Correction Window -I [(without fee) will be available for one week from the date of hosting]||1st Week of November, 2017 (for one week) **|
|Hosting of Correction Window -II [(with fee) will be available upto 09th December, 2017]||4th Week of November, 2017 to 09th December, 2017. **|
|Likely date of declaration of result (icai.nic.in)||Around one month from the date of examination|
CA CPT Application Details:
The details pertaining to the Common Proficiency Test for CA are tabulated here –
|Organization Name||Institute of Chartered Accountants of India|
|Exam Name||CA CPT|
|Validity Period Of Registration||3 years|
|Educational Qualifications||10 + 2 or 12th, Common Proficiency Course Registration|
|Exam Eligibility||Valid Registration Number On Date Of Exam|
Check Now – CA CPT Admit Card
The educational criteria mentioned in the above table are minimum and essential. The following are exempted from appearing for this written test –
- Commerce graduates/PGs with 55% aggregate in Full-time or Open University.
- Non-Commerce graduates/PGs with 60% aggregate from recognised universities.
CA CPT Exam Centres:
The aspirants who submitted the application forms and made the fee payment have to appear for the exams only on the specified dates. The valid registration number is necessary for all the candidates. The written exam is held at the following centres – All the major cities in East, West, North, South, and Central regions of India. The foreign centres include Kathmandu, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Muscat and Doha.
|Mangalore||Margao (Goa)||Mapusa (Goa)||Mathura|
CA CPT Written Exam Pattern, Syllabus, And Marks Scheme:
- Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is a Paper-Pencil Mode Exam in Hindi or English.
- The written test is conducted in two sessions and has 4 sections.
- The topics include Accounting Fundamentals, Mercantile Laws, General Economics, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- The qualification mark as an aggregate of all sections is 50%.
- There is negative marking of 1/4th or 0.25 marks during evaluation.
- The marks distribution is as follows –
|Session||Section||Subject||Maximum Marks||Minimum Marks|
|Morning||A||Fundamentals Of Accounting||60||18|
Check Now – CA Syllabus
CA CPT Application Fee:
The CA CPT Application Form 2017 notification has the following application fee details –
|Exam Centres||Online Application Form||OMR Application Form|
|India||Rs 500||Rs 1500|
|Kathmandu||Rs 850||Rs 1850|
|Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Doha, Dubai||US $150||US $170|
|Payment Mode||Online – Debit/Credit Cards||By Hand|
How to Apply CA CPT Application Form:
The aspirants can take note of the following sequence of steps for application –
- First you have to open the official website at the link – http://icaiexam.icai.org/
- Next hit the Login/Register tab at the top of the page.
- Register afresh if you do not have an account or login if you are already registered.
- Store the username and password you receive in email in a safe manner.
- Make the application form submission after studying the CPT exam details.
- Next, make the online payment of fee within last date and take print out.
- Save and print a copy of the filled in application form.
- Affix passport photos, gazetted signatures and enclose in an envelope along with print out of payment slip.
- Superscribe the envelope with “Online Application Form for Dec 2017 CPT Exam”.
- Use registered or speed post and submit before 26th Oct, at –
Deputy Secretary (Examinations)
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,
ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg,
New Delhi – 110002
The link to the official website of ICAI is at : http://icaiexam.icai.org/
The link to the official registration form is at: http://icaiexam.icai.org/index1.php#
Check here – CA CPT Results