BITSAT 2017 – Check Notification Details and Apply Online: April – May 2017
BITS Pilani offers Higher Education in Engineering, Pharmacy, and Science. Eligible candidates can apply for the entrance exam of BITSAT 2017 to seek admission into integrated degree programmes. Candidates should have passed 12th standard in distinction with Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects. Online applications are invited along with fee payment starting in December. The fee payment options will be updated on the official website in a timely manner. Currently enrolled BITS students are not eligible for the BITSAT 2017. Candidates who applied successfully have to take the online test and merit is used to admit students into the various programmes at degree and Master’s levels. Admit cards, results, terms of reference, etc., can be accessed online on appropriate dates.
The tabulated information for BITS programmes is presented below –
|Sl. No.||Programme Name||Eligibility||Aggregate Marks||Percentages|
|1||BE||12th with Math, Physics, Chemistry||75%||60%|
|2||BPharm||12th with Biology, Physics, Chemistry – desired;
PCM can also apply
The above mentioned eligibility criteria are minimum and essential for qualification. Additional details are provided below –
- BITS students are not eligible for the exam.
- Foreign students with passport can apply with SAT scores.
- There will be a computer based online examination paper.
- Candidates have the option to choose an examination centre.
- The exam is for 3 hours and there are 150 multiple choice questions in Physics, General English, Math, Chemistry, Biology, etc.,
- Correct answers carry 3 marks each and 1 negative mark is given to wrong answers.
BITSAT 2017 Participating Institutes:
The integrated degree programmes with UGC recognition are offered at BITS branches located in Pilani, Hyderabad, Goa, and Dubai. Not all the programmes are offered at all the branches and aspirants have to approach online resources to check for further updates.
The following courses are offered at BITS Pilani for candidates who succeed in BITSAT 2017 –
- B Tech in Civil, CSE, EEE, ECE, Chemical, etc.,
- B. Pharm
- MSc in General Studies, Chemistry, Economics, etc.,
- The above mentioned are integrated first degree programmes.
The registration fee details for the BITSAT 2017 exam are tabulated here –
How to Apply BITSAT:
Candidates interested in appearing for the BITSAT 2017 can apply using the following procedure:
- Aspirants have to apply using only the online mode.
- Eligibility criteria have to be ensured before submitting the online applications.
- Candidates have to open the following link for official website -http://www.bitsadmission.com
- The application form has to be filled completely, verified and submitted.
- The website can be visited subsequently for call letters/admit cards.
The following important dates are notable for the BITSAT 2017 –
|Online Registration Beginning Date||December Last Week, 2016|
|Last Date For Online Registration||February Last Week, 2017|
|Application Form Corrections Date||March First Week, 2017|
|Test Centres Allocation Date||March Second Week, 2017|
|Exam Slot Booking||March Third Week, 2017|
|BITSAT Admit Card||April 3rd Week, 2017|
|Exam Date||May 2nd Week, 2017|
|Start Date For Admissions||June 2nd Week, 2017|
The link to the official website of BITSAT 2017 is at : http://bitsadmission.com/bitsatmain.aspx