BHIM App – Bharat Interface For Money (BHIM) App For Safe And Secure Online Payment System through Mobile Phones
Bharat Interface For Money (BHIM) is a mobile application (app) called BHIM App which facilitates online or digital payments using a mobile phone. The Government of India has recently launched this indigenously developed app in order to encourage digital transactions and make the nation a low cash society. The App has been designed to enable cashless transactions on feature phones and smartphones. It is has been designed using Unified Payments Interface (UPI) platform and Immediate Payment Service (IMPS).
Who developed BHIM App?
BHIM app has been developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI). It works under the guidance of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Indian Banks Association (IBA). The mobile app has been developed with the idea of offering Indians a reliable, unrestricted, and secure digital cash transaction system, that incorporates that best online payment practises.
What is Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)?
The IMPS is an electronic service that facilitates real-time, instantaneous fund transfer between bank accounts. It is an internet and mobile banking service which is available throughout the year at any time of the day or night including holidays. The funds are transferred from the sender to the receiver account in a secure and instant manner.
What is Unified Payments Interface (UPI)?
UPI is a payment system that facilitates cashless transactions using the mobile phones. Customers of UPI member banks can send money in the same manner in which they send text messages using the mobile phone. The services include –
- Funds transfer between two bank accounts of participating member banks.
- Merchant banking which involves a customer making direct payment from his or her bank account to different merchants, either online or offline.
- The payment does not require actions like typing credit card details, IFSC code, net banking or e-wallet passwords.
What are the requirements for BHIM app?
You can use the BHIM app provided the following criteria are satisfied –
- A bank account with a bank that is a participant in UPI.
- A properly registered mobile number.
- Access to a good internet connection.
- Smartphone or Feature Phone
Check Here – Aadhaar Payments using BHIM App
How to Install and use the BHIM app on a mobile phone?
Follow these below provided instructions for downloading and installing the BHIM app –
- Visit the Google Play Store at the link – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.org.npci.upiapp&hl=en
- Choose either English or Hindi language.
- Allow the app installation process the permission to access your SMS and phone.
- Once your mobile phone is verified, you have to set a 4-digit secure password.
- Next, select the name of your bank from the list of participating banks.
- Your bank account number and IFSC code are automatically picked up.
- Then the last 4 – digits of your current or savings account is displayed.
- Verify this as your account and create a virtual payment address (VPA).
- Your mobile number will be your payment address as per the app specification.
- Then you have to set the UPI-PIN by entering the last 6 digits of your debit card and its expiry date.
- You will be allowed to link only 1 bank account as of now.
- Finally, you can start transactions by going to the bank’s app page.
BHIM App Transactions –
- You have 3 options on the bank’s app page – send, request, scan.
- Scan and pay options can be used only after you allow access to photos, media, and files on your mobile phone to share the QR code.
- BHIM app does not involve any payment charges although the banks may charge a nominal UPI or IMPS transfer fee.
- All the UPI payments go directly to the bank account.
- Money can also be sent to Non-UPI supported banks.
Participating Banks In BHIM app –
The following banks are participating in the BHIM app as of now –
- Allahabad Bank Andhra Bank Axis Bank
- Bank of Baroda Bank of India Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank Catholic Syrian Bank Central Bank of India
- DCB Bank Dena Bank Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank ICICI Bank IDBI Bank
- IDFC Bank Indian Bank Indian Overseas Bank
- IndusInd Bank Karnataka Bank Karur Vysya Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank South Indian Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank State Bank of India
- Syndicate Bank TJSB
- UCO Bank Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India Vijaya Bank
- Yes Bank Ltd RBL Bank
BHIM app has the following transaction limits as per the rules and regulations –
- Maximum transaction limit is for the amount of Rs 10,000/- only
- Upper limit for total worth of transactions is Rs 20,000/- only
- These limits apply for a 24- hour or 1 day transaction cycle.
The BHIM app’s frequently asked questions (FAQ ) page is at the link – https://upi.npci.org.in/static/faq/en_US/
The BHIM app can be installed using Google Play Store at the link – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.org.npci.upiapp&hl=en
For More Details Visit – Careersplus.in