BCECE 2017 – B Tech Degree – Combined Entrance For Admission To Engineering & Technology Courses – Eligibility Criteria – Exam Pattern
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board conducts the BCECE 2017 for admission into B Tech courses offered at various participating Engineering colleges. Students who pass the 12th class or equivalent qualification in PCM are eligible to apply online. The applicants should also pay the fees for the competitive entrance exam. The admit cards are issued online, and the exams are held at chosen centres in Bihar and other states. Meritorious aspirants can use the BCECE 2017 marks to seek admission for Bachelor degree in desired engineering and technology course. Counselling is conducted after results declaration only for the registered candidates. This is followed by a hand writing examination which is mandatory for final seat allocation. The allotment letters can be downloaded subsequently, and used to join the assigned participating institute. BCECE Board advises the aspirants to regularly check the online resources for future updates and modifications.
The details for the Engineering colleges which give admission based on the BCECE 2017 marks are tabulated here –
|Sl. No.||Name Of Participating Institution/ College, Location||Location|
|1||Bhagalpur College of Engineering||Bhagalpur|
|2||Darbhanga College of Engineering||Darbhanga|
|3||Gaya College of Engineering||Gaya|
|4||Loknayak Jai Prakash Institute of Technology||Chapra|
|5||Motihari College of Engineering||Motihari|
|6||Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology||Muzaffarpur|
|7||Nalanda College of Engineering||Nalanda|
|8||National Institute of Technology||Patna|
|9||Azment College of Engineering and Technology||Kishanganj|
BCECE Examination For Engineering Courses:
The following details pertaining to the BCECE 2017 can be noted by interested aspirants –
Examination Name: Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE)
Type Of Examination: State – Level Examination For Engineering Admission
Exam Centres – 32 Cities In Bihar, Other State Capitals
Examiner: Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board
The examination pattern, syllabus, and evaluation scheme adopted by BCECE Board is listed below –
- The exam syllabus includes Chemistry, Math, and Physics up to 12th class level.
- The board conducts BCECE 2017 in two stages which are qualifying in nature.
- The results of the candidates who qualify in stage 1 are declared before conducting the stage 2 of the examination.
- Negative marking is used during evaluation with 1 mark deleted for each wrong answer.
- Additional information is tabulated below for the benefit of the aspirants.
|Sl. No.||Exam Name||Duration Of Test||Total Sections||Questions per section||Marks per Section||Total Marks|
|1||BCECE 2017 – Stage 1||2 hours 15 min. – 45 minutes per section||3||50||200||600|
|2||BCECE 2017 – Stage 2||1 1/2 hours for each subject – Physics, Chemistry, and Math||3||400||1600||4800|
BCECE 2017 Admit Card, Result, Counselling & Joining Instructions –
BCECE Board advises the interested candidates to check the online resources regularly for official instructions and further information regarding the examination and admission process. The following guidelines can be followed by the aspirants –
- The aspirants who apply successfully are issued admit cards using the online mode.
- Those who qualify in the stage 1 exam have to download the admit card for stage 2 exam.
- Admit cards mention all necessary information such as exam date, time, and chosen venue.
- The aspirants who fail to show the admit cards at the exam centre are refused entry.
- The results for two stages are declared in May and June of 2017 respectively.
- Ranking order of results is determined on the basis of merit marks.
- Successful candidates can attend counselling and seat allotment process only after registration.
- Registration process has to be used by aspirants to specify their choice regarding course, college, etc.,
- Provisional seat allocation is done initially followed by the mandatory hand writing test.
- Candidates who qualify in hand writing test can download final allotment letters.
- Joining process includes reporting at the college, fee deposition, and verification of testimonials and supporting documents.
The important dates are tabulated below for the benefit of the aspirants. These dates are tentative and candidates are advised to check online resources regularly for confirmation.
|Opening Date For Online Registration||1st week of February, 2017|
|Closing Date For Online Registration||Last week of February, 2017|
|Last Date For Fee Payment – Online/Offline||1st week of March, 2017|
|Application Form Modifications Date||1st week of March, 2017|
|Closing Date For Postal Application Receipt||3rd week of March, 2017|
|Issue Date For Online Admit Card (1st Stage)||1st week of April, 2017|
|Examination Date – Stage 1||3rd week of April, 2017|
|Result Date For BCECE 2017– Stage 1||Last week of April, 2017|
|Issue Date For Online Admit Card (2nd Stage)||1st week of May, 2017|
|Examination Date – Stage 2||3rd week of May, 2017|
The link to official website of BCECE is at: http://bceceboard.com/Home.php
The link to the official notification for BCECE 2017 is at: http://bceceboard.com/BCECEexIndex.php