AWES Recruitment 2017 – PGT, TGT, PRT Posts – Post Graduate, Trained Graduate, And Primary Teacher
The Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) is inviting online registrations for the above mentioned vacancy. Qualified candidates can register online and pay the specified amount of fee before due date for being considered for posting. The following document provides all the necessary details for the interested and eligible candidates. The official terms of reference, application and selection methods, salary details, fee particulars and payment mode, examination and other significant dates, links to official web sites, tabulated list of job titles, education and age requirements are provided in accordance with the official AWES Recruitment 2017 notification.
The selected candidates will be appointed in Army Public Schools on regular or contract basis according to AWES and CBSE rules. The qualifying candidates can exercise their preference in the choice of school while submitting application form for interview. The score card of the qualifying exam is valid for life provided the candidates seek employment within 3 years of passing the exam. The graduates and master degree holders who are appointed will have to teach their respective subjects from Languages, Physics, Chemistry, various Social Studies, Math, Computer Science Informatics, Biotech, Psychology, Home Science, and Physical Education.
The details for PGT/TGT/PRT positions are tabulated below –
|Sl. No.||Post Title||Tenure||Minimum Education + Marks||Professional Education + Marks||Age Limits/ Remarks|
|1||Post Graduate Teacher – PGT||Regular employment subject to 1 yr. probation with 2yr. extension||Relevant PG , 50%||B Ed, 50%||Freshers – 40 yrs. or below
Experienced – 57 yrs. or below.
Seniority is given preference for regular appointments.
|2||Trained Graduate Teacher – TGT||50% regular posts;
Others – 3 yr. extendable contract
|Relevant Graduation, 50%||B Ed, 50%|
|3||Primary Teacher – PRT||30% regular posts;
Others – 3 yr. extendable contract
|Relevant Graduation, 50%||BEd/2 yr. Diploma, 50% or
4 yr. B.El.Ed
The minimum educational qualifications in terms of marks and degrees are mentioned in the above table. Additional details are provided below as per AWES Recruitment 2017 advertisement:
- A minimum teaching experience of 5 years in the past 10 years will be necessary for Experienced Candidates.
- For TGT/PRT positions, CTET and TET qualification from state governments is mandatory for both regular and contractual appointments.
- However, CTET/TET qualification is not necessary for Combined Screening Board (CSB) Screening Exam.
The eligibility criteria in terms of age limits are provided below –
- Date of reckoning the age limits is 1st of April, 2017.
- Experienced candidates should be 57 yrs. or younger.
- Fresh candidates should be 40 yrs. or younger.
- For NCR schools, PGT aspirants have to be 36 yrs. or below and candidates for TGT/PRT posts have to be 29 yrs. or younger.
The selection procedure comprises of the following stages:
- The first stage will involve a screening exam.
- Screening exam for PGT/TGT/PRT posts have following paper – General Awareness, English skills, Educational Methodologies and Mental Ability.
- PGT/TGT aspirants also have a Specific Subject Paper.
- 50% is minimum qualifying mark and there will be negative marking.
- Duration of each paper is 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Exam ensures teacher’s quality and qualifiers receive scorecards which are necessary for next two stages.
- Screening exam is for – freshly registered applicants as well as for score card holders who want to improve scores or upgrade from TGT to PGT.
- The second stage will be an interview.
- The third stage will include assessment of computer skills and teaching proficiency.
- Language teachers will have to take written exam for comprehension and essay writing.
- Computer proficiency test will be held at the discretion of Management.
- The second and third stage are held simultaneously by the Administration Board of School Management or Command HQ.
- Selections will be made in strict accordance with the rules of AWES and CBSE.
The specific salary amount is not specified but the following details are provided by the AWES Recruitment 2017 notification –
- There will be basic and grade pay commensurate with Central Government salaries.
- Allowances are at the discretion of school managements depending on financial viability.
Application Fee :
The AWES Recruitment 2017 notification provides following instructions for fee payment –
- The fee has to be paid online using the integrated payment gateway.
- The non-refundable fee amount is Rs. 600/-
- The available payment options are Credit/Debit Cards/ Bank Challan/ Net banking.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can register using the following steps –
- The official web-site link should be opened in the browser – http://aps-csb.in
- The detailed Registration instructions can be studied and submitted by clicking on ‘New User’ link under ‘Registration’ heading.
- Enter all the personal information in the application form.
- Make online fee payment using bank challan or debit and credit cards or net banking.
- Upload the following document scans :-
- Signatures and Photographs
- Date Of Birth Proof
- Academic Certificates for qualification proof.
- Successful registrants can check email/ SMS for confirmation.
- The following helpline tab can be used for assistance subsequently -portal http://aps-csb.in
The following significant dates have been listed by AWES Recruitment 2017 notification-
|Publication Date Of Notification||August, 2017|
|Starting Date For Online Registration||17th August, 2017 – 9 AM|
|Last Date For Online Registration||13th September, 2017 – 5 PM|
|Start Date For Online Mock Tests||10th October, 2017.|
|Tentative Date For Online Admit Card Issue||15th November, 2017|
|Scheduled Dates For Exams||26 -27 November, 2017|
|Date For Result Publication||15th December, 2017|
The link for official website of AWES is at – http://aps-csb.in/College/Index_New.aspx
The link for the official notification is at : Download Notification
- Candidates who register without meeting age and education criteria will be disqualified without fee refund.
- Applicants can purchase past question papers using online mode only.
- Past question papers have to be downloaded 24 hours after fee payment as hard copies will not be provided.