APPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2017:
Candidates looking for APPSC Group 1 Syllabus are in the right page. Here you will get complete details about APPSC Group 1 prelims Syllabus & APPSC Group 1 Mains Syllabus. You can also find the best APPSC Group 1 Exam Study Material for Prelims and Main exam from this page.
Department Name : Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission
Post Titles : Deputy Collectors, Senior Superintendents, Assistant Commissioners
Job Location : State Wide Selections From Zone I to IV
Category: Exam Pattern And Syllabus
Official Website: https://www.psc.ap.gov.in
Check Now – APPSC Recruitment
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC ) Group 1 Examinations:
APPSC conducts the preliminary and main examinations to recruit for Group I Services of the State Government. The successful applicants can download the hall tickets one week before the exams are held. The various district centres will host the screening or preliminary exam while the main examination is held only at four centres of Vizag, Vijayawada, Tirupati, and Ananthapur. The applicants have to appear for the test only at the venues allotted to them. The exam will be held on scheduled dates and the answer key will also be posted online after the exam is conducted.
Check here – APPSC Group 2 Notification
APPSC Group 1 Examination Pattern:
The patterns for the two rounds of exams are listed below as per official terms –
- Preliminary or screening exam is for 150 marks with objective type questions.
- The syllabus for this test includes the general studies and mental ability.
- The test has to be completed in 150 minutes and 1/3 rd negative marking is penalty.
- Main exam is conventional and has English and five other papers.
- Mandatory General English paper for 150 marks is used as qualification.
- This is followed by Five Papers I to V of 150 marks for total of 750 marks.
- Interview will carry 75 marks and grand total of marks is 825.
Check Here – Government Jobs in Andhra Pradesh
APPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2017 for Written Exam:
The five papers I to V that follow the General English paper include the following syllabus –
- Paper I – General Essay in English
- Paper II – Indian History, 20th Century Indian History, AP History, Indian Constitution
- Paper III – Indian Planning, Indian Economy, Social Changes, Current AP Economy,
- Paper IV – Science and Technology role, impact, applications and contribution to India’s development. General Awareness, modern trends of life sciences, environment problems and development.
- Part V – Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Problem Solving, Passage Analysis
APPSC Group 1 Preliminary Syllabus 2017 Written Exam:
Screening Test APPSC Group I Syllabus:
General Studies And Mental Ability (Objective Type)
- Recent news, important events, current affairs of National and International importance.
- Science & Technology, IT
- Geography , Complete Indian History
- Indian Polity, Constitution, e- Governance
- Indian economic development, Planning Commission, Niti Ayog
- Federal structure, Finance Commissions, Economic reforms, Banking
- Environmental and GIS disaster management
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
- Data Analysis, tabulation, visual representation, Statistics Summary
- AP Bifurcation, new capital issues, socio-economic impact
Syllabus For APPSC Group-I Main Examinations (Descriptive Type):
The questions will have 10th standard level for assessing qualifications. The marks are not included at interview stage.
- Reading Comprehension
- Functional Grammar – Parts of Speech, Verbs, Sentences, Voice, Vocabulary, essay writing, letter writing, non-verbal communication.
PAPER-I – GENERAL ESSAY:
Aspirants have to write 3 essays for 150 marks with topics including the following –
- SECTION-I – Crisis management, Social, Economic and Health Problems, Analysis and solutions, Conflict Resolution, Decision Making, Ecological intelligence.
- SECTION-II –Current events, policies, schemes and programmes of National and International importance.
- SECTION-III –Current events, policies, schemes and programmes of the State of Andhra Pradesh
PAPER – II:
- History and cultural heritage of India with emphasis on 20th Century history of India, Indus Valley, Pallavas, Mughals, Nationalist movements
- Social And Cultural History Of Andhra Pradesh – Ancient, medieval, modern Andhra, nationalist leaders, bifurcation
- An Overview Of The Indian Constitution, social welfare, reservations, political system, election commission, etc.,
PAPER – III:
- Planning In India & Indian Economy – Macroeconomic trends, Poverty, Unemployment, RBI, Monetary Policy, PPP, Urban growth
- Land reforms & social changes in Andhra Pradesh after Independence – Demographics, Finances, Budget, 5 year plans
- Andhra Pradesh economy, present status its strengths and weaknesses – Industry, Agriculture, Power, Transport, Development plans
PAPER – IV:
- Role And Impact Of Science And Technology In The Development Of India: National policy, technology mission, IT, ISRO, INSAR, IRS, EDUSAT, IRSS, Space technology use in agriculture, Energy resources, Current developments, Tsunami, disaster management.
- Biological resources, human welfare and modern trends in life sciences – diseases, genetic engineering, vaccines
- Ecology, Natural Resources And Environmental Issues – Ecosystems and Biodiversity, natural gas, pollution, waste management, UN frameworks
Data appreciation and interpretation, logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude and problem solving – diagrammatic data, analytical interpretation, graphs, charts, trigonometry, triangles, heights & distances, probability and statistics, time and work, averages, passage analysis