UPSC Civil Services Recruitment 2016 – 1079 posts in Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service, Group ‘A’, Group ‘B’.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites application from interested candidates to fill up the 1079 posts in Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service, Group ‘A’, Group ‘B’. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for the same.
UPSC Civil Services recruitment 2016 invites application for 1079 posts. The selected candidates will be recruited in the following services:
1. Indian Administrative Service.
2. Indian Foreign Service.
3. Indian Police Service.
4. Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
5. Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
6. Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
7. Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
8. Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
9. Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
10 Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
11. Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
12. Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
13. Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
14. Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
15. Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
16. Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
17. Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
18. Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III).
19. Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
20. Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
21. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
22. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
23. Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
24. Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
The candidate should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.
The candidate should be in between the age group of 21 to 32 years as on 01.08.16. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1984 and not later than 1st August, 1995. Age relaxation applies as per government rules.
The candidates who apply will have to appear for a preliminary exam; which will consist of two papers with objective type multiple choice questions. Candidates who qualify the preliminary examinations will have to appear for the main written exam, a personality test and interview. A merit list will be developed of the candidates who qualify the written test, on the basis of which they will be called for the personality test and interview. The candidates who qualify the personality test and interview will be selected for the various recruitments. The candidates will be allotted to different posts and services on the basis of the rank they obtain in the merit list prepared after the interview. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in the written exam and the interview.
The general category candidates can attempt the examinations six times; OBC and PWD candidates can attempt nine times and there is no restriction for the SC/St candidates.
How to Apply:
- The candidate who wants to apply for the post has to be a citizen of India. He can be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan; a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 and has settled permanently in India since then; or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam and have permanently settled in India.
- Interested eligible candidates can apply online. The candidates need to visit the official website of UPSC, www.upsconline.nic.in, they can start applying from 27.04.16 to 27.05.16.
- The candidates are advised to go through all the details and instructions before filling the application for. They should ensure that they are eligible for applying for the posts.
- Before filling the application form the candidates should scan a recent passport size photo and his signatures.
- The candidate will have to visit the official website www.upsconline.nic.in, to fill up the application form.
- One has to click on the “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC” link. Then he has to click on Part – I/ Part – II Registration”.
- The candidate will have to fill up all the details that are asked for in the application form. The candidate is advised o cross check all the entries he has made on the application for errors and mistakes. Once he is satisfied he has to click on the submit button.
- Once the application is registered successfully, the candidate will be allotted a unique ID and a password. The candidate is advised to note down this unique ID and password carefully, as they would require it for future reference.
- Once the registration is done the candidate needs to fill up all the personal details, contact details and other required information very carefully without making any mistake.
- Once the details are entered, the candidate will have to upload their passport size photo and signature.
- The candidate can click the submit button are checking all the entries once again for any errors and mistakes. When satisfied he can click on the submit button.
- The candidates can pay the examination fee online through credit cards, debit cards, net banking. Once the payment is accepted then the candidate will be provided a transaction ID and registration details immediately. They have to enter the details regarding the payment on the columns mentioned in the application form.
- The candidate is advised to take out a print out of the online application form, for further use.
Application Fee/ Processing fee:
The processing fee is RS 100/-.
The candidate can deposit the cash in any branch of SBI/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore.
They can deposit the money through net banking or through debit or credit cards.
|Candidates can start filling online application forms||06th May 2016|
|Last date for submission of Application Form||27th May 2016|
|Date of Payment of fees||26th May 2016|
|Date of Preliminary Written Exam||7th August 2016|
|Main examinations will be held tentatively.||December 2016|
Form Advertisement Information and Application link Visit: http://www.upsconline.nic.in/