UPSC CAPF has notified their latest recruitment process for the selection of candidates for various posts. This recruitment process will comprise of written test followed by the qualifying candidates with Physical Efficiency Test and interview and personality test. The total numbers of vacancies shown are 270
Examination Notice No. 07/2016
Late date of Application: 08.04.2016
Application Fee: Rs.200/- (except female and SC/ST candidates)
Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination, 2016
The following are the general instructions which must be followed by the candidate before filling the form.
- Last Date of Submission
The last of submission of application is 08.04.2016 till 11.59 pm. After this, the link will be disabled.
The UPSC will hold written examination of the candidates on 26th June 2016 for the post of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). The examinations will be held in accordance to the rule passed by Ministry of Home Affairs in the Gazette of India dated 12th March, 2016.
The vacancies are listed below;
These vacancies are tentative. The commission has the authority to change it irrespective of time.
Reservation for ex-servicemen will be 10% as per Govt. policy. If the reservations for ex-servicemen are not filled, then these posts will be allotted to non-ex-servicemen.
- Centers for examination.
The centers and the time for the examination can be changed by the commission irrespective of time. The candidates willing to choose the centers for examination are needed to select it by one time only. The allotments of seats in the centers of examination are on first come basis. If the seats are filled in a particular center, that center will be frozen and candidate cannot select it.
Note: The Commissions have the right to change the centers if the situation demands.
- Candidates to ensure their eligibility:
Candidates applying for the post must fulfill the eligibility criteria. Their admissions at all stages are purely on merit basis and should satisfy the eligibility norms.
Mere issue of their e-examination certificates does not ensure that the candidate has been selected for the post.
Verification of documents will be done only after qualifying the personality test and interview.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and not exceeds the age of 25 years on 1st August 2016. The candidate must not be born before 2nd August 1991 and after 1st August 1996.
- The age relaxation for the reservation categories are listed below;
|1||OBC||Upto 3 years|
|2||SC/ST||Upto 5 years|
|3||Domicile of Jammu and Kashmir in period of 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||Upto 5 years|
|4||Ex-servicemen||Upto 5 years|
Note: The total age relaxation will be provided to the candidate is of maximum 5 years.
The candidates belonging to reservation categories need to produce the original documents of their caste at the time of document verification.
Note1: The date of birth entered on the Matriculation Certificate or Board Certificate or Leaving Certificate will be taken into consideration. No other documents such as horoscope, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation or affidavits will be allowed.
Note 2: The candidates need to take care while filling the date of birth in the application form. The wrong filling of the birth date or the dates not matched to the certificates will not be allowed to change at any ground levels after submission of application and will be rejected.
- Educational Qualification
- The minimum qualification that a candidate must hold is Bachelor’s Degree from any Recognized University or Equivalent.
- The candidates appearing in their final year and are awaiting for their results can also apply for the post.
- Candidates possessing any technical qualification which are qualified by the Govt. and are equivalent to technical degree can also apply for the post.
- Selection Process
a) Written Test
The candidates are required to give written examination which will be held on 26th June 2016. This written paper will comprise of two papers. Paper I will be held from 10 am to 12 pm noon and paper II will be held from 2pm to 5pm.
Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence (250 marks) MCQ.
Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension (200 marks)
Note 1: The candidates are instructed to write the paper II in either Hindi or English language only. The medium of the paper will be only English.
Note 2: There will be qualifying of each paper separately. The paper I will be evaluated first and evaluation of Paper II will be done of only those candidates qualifying paper I.
b) Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
The candidates qualifying in the written test will only be allowed for the PET. The PET of male and female candidates is given below;
|100 meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds||One|
|800 meters race||In 3 min 45 sec||In 4 min 45 sec||One|
|Long jump||3.5 meters||3.0 meters||Three|
|Shot Put (7.26 kgs)||4.5 meters||—————-||——————-|
Note: The Pregnant women will be disqualified from PET and will not be further allowed for interview and personality test.
C) Interview and Personality Test
The candidates qualifying the PET will be then called for the interview and personality test. The test conducted will be of 150 marks. Candidates short listed after interview and personality test will be then called to fill a detailed form to identify their preference of Forces.
d) Final Selection/Merit list:
The final merit list will be drawn of the candidate on the basis of their written test, PET and interview marks.
- How to apply
The candidates are required to fill the application form from the UPSC official website upsconline.nic.in. The last date of application submission is 08.04.2016. The candidate is required to provide active and valid email ids to get electronically connected to them if required. Also the e-examination certificates are to be downloaded from the website. The authorities will not post any e-examination certificate at their address.
- The eligible candidates will receive their e-examination certificates to their email ids 3 weeks before the commencement of the examination. So the candidates are required to give active and valid email ids. No Admission certificates will be send through post.
- Instruction for filling the forms
- Detailed application forms to be filled by the candidate from the website link. The application form is divided into two parts; for Paper I and for Paper II.
- The candidates are required to pay an online amount of Rs.200 either by SBI challan or by online payment.
- Candidate must have scanned photograph and signature in .jpeg of size not more than 40 kb and less than 3 kb for photographs and 1 kb for signature.
- Valid email ids are required to be provided as the registration number and other notifications will be send to the mail address.
- The female and SC/ST candidates are exempted from fee payments.
- The fee once paid will not be refunded in any circumstances.
For any further details visit the official website of UPSC – upsconline.nic.in