SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam 2016: Group B, Group C Posts – Tier 1 Re-Exam For Batch II – Tier 1 Results Date – Tier 2 Exam Dates Announced – November 30, 2016 to December 2, 2016
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has conducted the Tier 1 round of Combined Graduate Level Examination(CGLE) using the computer mode. The Tier 1 exams were held between the dates of Aug. 27 and Sep. 11. Candidates from Srinagar had appeared for the test on 25th September. The Commission is conducting a re-exam for candidates who appeared for Batch II Tier 1 test on 28th August. This is because of administrative reasons and the re-examination date has been tentatively declared as 27th October. Candidates will be intimated of any further details in due course of time. This re-exam has necessitated a change in declaration of results for Tier 1 CGL exam to 8th November. The tentative dates for SSC CGL Tier 2 exam 2016 has also been scheduled between the dates of 30th November and 2nd December. The candidates are instructed to check online resources and official website regularly for confirmed dates and further information regarding the examination and results. The notice pertaining to the CGL Examination – 2016 has been released by the Under Secretary (C-II) on October 14, 2016.
Examination & Re-Examination Details:
The details for the scheduled and rescheduled CGL examination for Batch II are tabulated here –
|Group B, Group C Government Posts|
|Sl. No.||Description||Exam Dates|
|1||Tier 1 CGL||27/8/2016 – 11/9/2016|
|2||Tier 1 Batch II – CGL||27/8/2016 (4.15 PM – 5.30 PM)|
|3||Tier 1 Batch II – CGL – Re – Exam||27/10/2016|
|4||Tier 1 CGL – Results||8/11/2016|
|5||Tier 2 – CGL||30/112016 – 2/12/2016|
SSC CGL Examination :
The rescheduled dates mentioned above are tentative and the final confirmed dates will be declared very soon. Additional details regarding SSC CGL Exam 2016 are provided below –
Examination Name: SSC CGL Tier 1 And Tier 2 Written Examinations
Mode Of Examination: Computer Based
Total Number Of Batches: 43
Total Venues: 415
Total Cities: 96
Total Students Appearing For The CGL Exams: 14.99 Lakhs
The examination pattern, syllabus, and evaluation scheme adopted by SSC for CGL exams is listed below –
- Objective Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) for Tier 1 Written Exam.
- The exam is available both in Hindi and English and there is negative marking.
- Two to 3 papers in written test with MCQ pattern for SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam 2016.
- The above mentioned written exams are conducted using the computer mode.
- Syllabus includes General Intelligence, Reasoning, and Aptitude; Quantitative Ability and Aptitude; English Comprehension.
- Statistics subject is part of syllabus for SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam 2016 for corresponding job position of Statistical Investigator.
- Cut-off marks from Tier 1 and Tier 2 are used to eliminate candidates for both interview and non-interview posts.
- Reserved category candidates receive relaxation in cut off marks as per rules.
- Depending on the job position, There will be Tier 3 comprising of one or more of the following – Interview/Personality Test/Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test
The link to official website of SSC is at : http://ssc.nic.in/
The link to the official notification document is at : http://ssc.nic.in/SSC_WEBSITE_LATEST//notice//notice_pdf/notice_cgle_reexamination141016.pdf