Sikkim University Recruitment 2016 – Research Assistant Posts
The positions of Research Assistants are available at Sikkim University Recruitment 2016.
Sikkim University is a nine years old central university offering professional education in science, arts, commerce, and languages. The university has a number of affiliated colleges and it conducts research programmes of high relevance in association with MACNES or Maulana Azad Centre for North East Studies.
Maulana Azad Centre for North East Studies has requirement for assistants on research project it has initiated. The centre invites applicants to apply for the positions of Research Assistants. The total number of vacancies available is 2 Nos.
Research assistants provide assistance to seniors like principal investigators and supervisors in various academic projects taken up by colleges and universities. Depending upon the nature of the project, the selected candidates may have to collect information, collate data, and perform editorial work.
The research assistant does not have independent post and he or she is not fully responsible for project outcomes. The job requires committed and hardworking candidates who can provide clerical assistance, take instructions, prepare reports, and coordinate project activities. Adequate assistance is provided by the superiors supervising the projects.
The official notification for the posts of Research Assistants was issued by the coordinator at Maulana Azad Centre for North East Studies. The MACNES coordinator at Sikkim University has issued this official advertisement on the following date: 11-07-2016 i.e. July 11, 2016
The MACNES coordinator from Sikkim University makes it clear in the notification that the two posts of Research Assistants have a fixed period of one year only. Eligible candidates who are selected and given appointment after the selection process, will be given the posting for an initial period of one year only.
This appointment so given can be renewed subsequently by the relevant authorities at the University. This extension may or may not happen, and it is subject to the following:
- Requirement of assistance from appointees for further research related activities.
- Performance of the Research Assistants during the period of employment.
The Vacancy available at the Sikkim University Recruitment 2016 is for Research Assistant Posts, and the following details mention additional information:
|Serial Number||Post Name||Number of Vacancies||Salary||Academic Qualifications|
|1||Research Assistant||2||15,000/- per month||Master’s degree – MA- in History/English /Journalism /Mass Communication /History / Political Science /International Relations/ ; Minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade; Flawless English writing skills|
As per the advertisement issued by the Sikkim University Recruitment 2016, The Research Assistant Posts require the following qualifications:
- A master’s degree in arts i.e. MA in History or English or Journalism or Mass Communication or History or Political Science or International Relations.
- Minimum marks required are 55%. Equivalent grades are accepted.
- The candidates need excellent English skills particularly in writing flawless English.
As per the advertisement issued by the Sikkim University Recruitment 2016, the age limit for the above mentioned posts is not mentioned. Candidates with relevant academic experience and requisite skills are requested to apply for the post.
According to the notification released by the Sikkim University Recruitment 2016 for Research Assistant Posts , the Selection Process will be based on qualifications and experience.
The selection process includes the following:
- Submission of applications along with all necessary documents by the eligible candidates.
- Application verification process- The applications will be assessed and the eligible candidates will be intimated subsequently.
- A written examination may be conducted by the relevant authorities for eligible candidates.
- Interview for shortlisted candidates.
The selection committee at the University will decide the selection or rejection of the candidates. The decision made by the concerned authority is final and it is not open for arbitration of any kind.
Check Here – Best Interview Questions
As per the advertisement issued by the Sikkim University Recruitment 2016, the Research Assistant Posts will have a consolidated salary which will paid on a monthly basis. The pay will be 15,000/- with no additional emoluments of any kind. This is non-negotiable.
How to Apply:
As per the instructions given in the advertisement released by Sikkim University Recruitment 2016, following are the instructions on how to Apply –
- Eligible candidates who meet all qualification criteria are invited to submit applications.
- The application must be written on a plain paper by the candidate.
- The following documents with two passport size photos have to be enclosed:
- The latest Bio-data with all necessary details.
- Copies of academic experience. These have to be self-attested.
- Mark-sheets from academic years should be self-attested.
- Relevant work experience proof, if applicable.
- Submit all the relevant documents that are mentioned above at the earliest in July month to:
Maulana Azad Centre for North-East Studies (MACNES),
Sikkim University, Kazi Road,
The official notification for the two posts of Research Assistants has been issued under the orders of the coordinator at Maulana Azad Centre for Northeast Studies on the following date : July 11, 2016.
The official notification issued by MACNES coordinator at Sikkim University clearly specifies that the eligible candidates who are seeking the job must submit the application with all necessary documents within twenty one i.e. 21 days of notification. Applications submitted later will be rejected summarily.
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
Official website of Sikkim University: http://www.cus.ac.in/
Notification issued by Sikkim University’s Coordinator (MACNES) is downloadable at: http://cus.ac.in/images/contents/Dya/ad/2016/110716_NEC_ad.pdf
The official website of Sikkim University provides the download links for necessary documents. On the right side under the important notifications heading there is a link titled “Job opening – Maulana Azad Centre for North-East Studies “. This link opens the above mentioned downloadable notification.
- Candidates who are shortlisted and called for written test and subsequent interview will not be paid any allowance in the form of Dearness Allowance or Travel Allowance. They have to come at their own expense, fully-prepared.
- Candidates are encouraged to visit the official website of Sikkim University and go through the relevant pages so they can make more informed choice.