NTPC Recruitment Through GATE 2017 – Executive Trainees In Engineering Batch- BE/BTech/AMIE Qualifications- NTPC Jobs 2017 – www.ntpccareers.net
National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Ltd. recruits Engineers and AMIE graduates as Executive Trainees through GATE 2017 qualification. Eligible candidates with GATE admit cards can register with NTPC using only the online mode. Those who are currently employed or final year/semester students can submit online applications. Candidates have to upload scans for documents and pay the requisite amount of fee as per the NTPC recruitment through GATE 2017 notification. Selection is done based on GATE 2017 marks, reservation and relaxation criteria, Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Meritorious candidates are shortlisted, selected and trained for a period of 1 year. Absorption into NTPC as Assistant Managers is based on requirements and performance during training. Future correspondence with candidates is via valid email id only.
Check Here – PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2017
The vacancy details for the Executive Trainee (Engineering Batch) positions are as follows –
|Sl.No.||Engineering Discipline||Valid 4 year Degree||Age Limit||Pay Scale||Eligibility|
|1||Civil||Civil or Construction||27 yrs. as of January 29
Relaxation rules apply
24900/- in rupees per month
25650/- per month in rupees
|Full Time BE or BTech or AMIE with 65% marks;
SC, ST, and PWD – 55% marks;
Corresponding GATE paper marks.
|2||Mechanical||Mechanical or Production or Mechanical & Automation or Power Engg. or Thermal or Industrial Engg.(and Production)|
Electrical & Electronics or Power Elec./Engg. or Electrical, Control, and Instrumentation or Power Systems and High Voltage
|4||Electronics||Electronics or ECE or EEE Electronics & Telecomm. or Power Electronics or Electronics & Power|
|5||Computer Science & Information Technology||CS Engg. or IT|
|6||Instrumentation||Instrumentation, Instrumentation &(Control or Electronics)|
The above mentioned educational qualifications are minimum for eligibility . Additional details are provided here:
- Equivalent degree is also acceptable.
- Degree has to be from a Government recognised University or Institution.
The age requirements and relaxation limits are listed below as per NTPC recruitment through GATE 2017 advertisement –
- The upper age limit for General category candidates is 27 years.
- The reckoning date for calculating age limit is January 29th
- Candidates with OBC reservation receive 3 years relaxation in upper age limit.
- Only non creamy layer OBC candidates are entitled to relaxation in age.
- Candidates with ST or SC reservation receive 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.
- Candidates who have J&K domicile status receive 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.
- People with disabilities (PWD) receive 10 years relaxation in upper age limit.
- OBC candidates with disability receive 13 years relaxation in upper age limit.
- SC/ST candidates with disability receive 15 years relaxation in upper age limit.
- Ex-Servicemen receive upper age relaxations as per Central Government norms.
According to the NTPC recruitment through GATE 2017 notification, the following selection steps are implemented –
- Candidates have to ensure eligibility by appearing for the GATE 2017 examination.
- A short list of candidates is prepared using the GATE-2017 marks.
- The requirements of NTPC are also kept in mind while short listing candidates.
- Group Discussion are held for the short listed candidates.
- This is followed by Personal Interviews conducted by competent authorities.
- Candidates who do not secure the minimum qualifying marks in GD & Interview are eliminated.
- The merit list of suitable candidates is prepared after all the qualifying rounds are completed.
- Selected candidates should be willing to relocate anywhere in India for 1 year of training.
- Post-training recruitment is based on performance and Company requirements.
- The entire selection process is at the complete discretion of NTPC authorities only.
As per the NTPC recruitment through GATE 2017 notification, The following compensation package is offered –
- NTPC assures the selected candidates of best industry standard pay packages.
- Selected candidates receive Rs. 24900/- as basic pay in the pay scale of Rs. 24900-3%-50500 for the duration of training period i.e. 1 year.
- Candidates who are absorbed as Assistant Managers after successful training receive a pay scale to the amount of Rs. 24900-3%-50500 with Rs. 25650/- as the basic pay.
- Cafeteria Approach is followed to pay DA, perquisites and other admissible benefits.
- Leave, medical bills, Gratuity, Provident Fund, etc are paid as per the rules of Company during training and after absorption.
The application fee details for Executive Trainee positions are tabulated here –
|General & OBC Candidates||Rs 150|
|PWD, SC, and ST Candidates||No Fee|
|Payment Mode||SBI pay-in-slip|
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates use the following sequence of steps for online application –
- Candidates have to first register for GATE 2017.
- The registration number of GATE 2017 admit card is necessary to proceed further.
- Candidates have to access the official website using the following link – http://www.ntpccareers.net/
- The appropriate link with the following or similar text has to be clicked -‘Recruitment of Executive Trainee Through GATE 2017’
- Candidates have to carefully read the official instructions.
- General and OBC candidates have to pay the fee using SBI challan form.
- SBI challan form or pay slip can be downloaded at the application portal.
- Upon fee payment the candidates have to retain the journal number and branch code.
- The required details have to be filled in the online application form including GATE registration number, journal number and branch code for fee payment.
- The details have to match the details provided during GATE application.
- Candidates who successfully register will receive a system generated unique registration number.
- Take a print out of the registration slip for future reference and use.
The following tabulated dates are important as per the NTPC recruitment through GATE 2017 Notification –
|Dates For GATE application||September – October, 2017|
|Start Date For NTPC Online Registrations||January First Week, 2017|
|Last Date For NTPC Online Registrations||January Last Week, 2017|
The link to the official website of NTPC is at : http://www.ntpc.co.in/
The links to the career site and application process are at: http://www.ntpccareers.net/