NIT Hamirpur Recruitment: Teaching Staff
The job is regarding the vacancies against various posts in the National Institute of Technology. The candidates are selected on direct recruitment basis for the vacancies against various posts. The vacancies are for Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor of NITs. The followings are the general instruction to be followed by the candidate for applying against the post.
The date of advertisement is 15.03.2016. The application will be accepted till next 30 days of the advertisement. The candidate interested for the post needs to send their application with attested photocopies of their relevant documents and a Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- to Registrar, NIT, Hamirpur, HP-177 005 within 30 days from the date of advt. The candidates belonging to OBC, SC/ST are exempted from the payments. The application form can be downloaded from the official website of NIT, Hamirpur.
The tentative vacancies for the post of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professors of NITs are 137. The detailed descriptions of the vacancies according to the reservation category are listed below;
|Sr.no||Name of Department/centers||Open||SC||ST||OBC||PwD||Total|
|04||Comp.Sc. & Engg.||16||04||03||11||01||34|
|05||Electronics & Commn.||09||04||01||11||01||28|
|10||Humanities & Social Science||–||01||–||–||–||01|
|11||Centre for Material Sc. & Engg.||–||01||–||–||–||01|
|12||Centre for Energy & Environment||–||–||–||01||–||01|
|14||Training & Placement Officer||01||–||–||–||–||01|
- Candidate applying for the post under reservation category needs to send the photocopies of their relevant categories.
- Application form submitted without the photocopies of the documents will be rejected.
- The applications received after the due date will not be considered.
- The Institute has the right to increase or decrease the number of vacancies irrespective of time.
The interested candidates applying for the post against vacancies need to have the following qualifications and other relevant requirements which are mandatory
- The candidate must have passed their Ph.D with first class with their preceding degree or equivalent in the appropriate branch.
- The candidate must have good academic score throughout its academic year.
- The other criteria that is required for the candidate for applying for various posts are given below;
|Designation||Qualification||Relevant Experience||Other Essential Requirements||Additional requirements|
|Assistant Professor (on Contract Basis)||Ph.D.||None||None||One publication in SCI Journal|
|Assistant Professor (on contract)||Ph.D.||01 year||One paper accepted for publication in SCI Journal||Two papers in SCI Journal or one patent; may be based on Ph.D. work|
|Assistant Professor||Ph.D.||03 years||02 papers in SCI Journal outside Ph.D. work. One ongoing sponsored project for candidates from academia. Two experiments or computational projects added to teaching laboratories where appropriate||One Ph.D. supervision ongoing, 01 patent, Experience in industry or R&D lab. Of repute; M.Tech., M.Sc. or B.Tech. project supervision on live industrial problems|
|Associate Professor||Ph.D.||06 years after Ph.D. or 09 years total (not counting Ph.D. enrolment period); three years experience at the level of Assistant Professor||04 papers in SCI Journal after Ph.D.; one Ph.D. guided as sole or principal supervisor plus one continuing. Two experiments or computational projects as above described||Same as above, strong liaison with industry; offering courses through application of ICT.|
|Professor||Ph.D.||10 years after Ph.D. or 13 years total (not counting Ph.D. enrolment period); 07 years after Ph.D. and at least 3 years experience as Associate Professor||Two Ph.D. degrees guided in Career as sole or principal supervisor.
||Same as above; preparing E-learning material. Atleast one self-financed short term courses offered.|
|Professor||Ph.D.||06 years as Professor in an institute of national importance||Same as above||Same as above.|
Note: The candidates from industrial background not possessing Ph.D.; there shall be provision for those candidates as per the Selection Committee decision if the candidate has good number of publications in leading journal fields.
- The candidate needs to be below 60 years for freshers.
- Candidate having expertise brilliant research career with ongoing or approved externally funded projects above 60 years are also eligible.
- The selection process in based on interview.
- The candidate short-listed after the submission of application will be informed through contact numbers or email ids.
- The short listed candidates need to arrive with their all relevant original documents at the time of interview; failing to which will lead to rejection of candidature.
- The Selection Committee reserves the right to select or reject the candidate.
The basic salary structures for various posts are listed below;
- Assistant Professor (on contract)- Pay band-3 of Rs. 15600- Rs. 39100/- with AGP of Rs. 6000/- p.m.
- Assistant Professor- Pay Band-3 of Rs.15600- Rs.39100/- with AGP of Rs. 8000/- p.m.
- Associate Professor- Pay Band-4 of Rs.37400- Rs.67000/- with AGP of Rs.9500/- p.m.
- Professors- Pay Band-4 of Rs.37400- Rs.67000/- with AGP of Rs. 10500/- p.m.
|Latest Job Notifications||
How to apply:
- The interested candidates applying for the post needs to send their application with the photocopies of their academics and experience and a Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- (non-refundable) at Registrar, NIT, Hamirpur, HP-177 005 within 30 days from the date of advt.
- The candidates belonging to OBC, SC/ST are exempted from the processing fees.
- The application form can be downloaded from the official website nith.ac.in
- The application with proper attested copies of their academic mark sheets should reach the office before the last date of receipt of application.
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected.
- Application forms without the attested photocopies of marksheets and experience certificate will be automatically rejected.
- Candidate belonging to OBC/SC/ST should also send their relevant category documents to justify it.
Application Fee/ Processing fee:
- A Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- is to be send with the application as its processing fees.
- The candidates belonging to OBC/SC/St are exempted from payment of processing fees.
Date of advertisement: 15.03.2016
Last date of submission of application: 30 days after the advertisement.
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
All the necessary information is provided on their official website. Also the application form can be downloaded from the website nith.ac.in
Note: Candidates who have earlier applied against the professor post under the advertisement 07/2015 need not to apply again. They can update their resume and send the relevant additional documents attached with it, if any.
For any further assistance, you can contact them through their official numbers or through email ids.