NIRM Recruitment 2016 – Scientist/JRF/Officer Jobs Advt Apply
NIRM Recruitment 2016 for the positions of Scientist, Scientific Assistant, Junior Research Fellow, Finance & Accounts Assistant, Administrative Officer, Office and Laboratory Assistant are available at National Institute of Rock Mechanics.
|National Institute of Rock Mechanics (NIRM) is a research institute which is doing pioneering work in developing rock engineering technologies. It is a premier institute dedicated to intense research in multiple disciplines.|
|NIRM is on the lookout for Staff to work in Administrative and Scientific departments. The deputation/ appointment is on a regular basis. It is for activities in R&D located at units in Bangalore and KGF. The candidates seeking employment should have appreciable analytical skills and a scientific temperament. The applicants should be ready to work in any location in Indian or even outside India. They will be assigned project work for short or long terms.|
The Registrar of NIRM has placed a vacancy notification on its official website. The different posts require different qualifications, and they have specific duties.
Scientists and their assistants are required to do research and development. Research Fellow in Junior capacity is required to do data processing, while the assistants in office and laboratory will have to do supporting duties in handling administrative work.
The administrative posts in the office as well as in finance and accounts department require candidates comfortable with working in a computer environment. The total 23 number of posts available at NIRM Recruitment 2016.
NIRM Recruitment Notification Details:
The vacancy note from the Registrar at NIRM has No. Advt/01/2016-17 and the date of notification is 1st of July 2016
The Vacancy details at the NIRM Recruitment 2016 for various positions are as below –
|Sl. No||Reservation Category||Name of the Post||Total Vacancies|
|1||UR||Scientist -VI||01 Nos|
|2||UR||Scientist – V||01 Nos|
|3||UR – 3 posts
OBC – 2 posts
|Scientist – II||05 Nos|
|4||UR||Scientist – I||02 Nos|
|5||UR – 6 posts
ST – 1 post
|Scientific Assistant||07 Nos|
|6||UR||Junior Research Fellow||01 Nos|
|7||OBC||Finance & Accounts Officer||01 Nos|
|8||OBC||Administrative Officer||01 Nos|
|9||UR||Office Assistant – I||01 Nos|
|10||PWD – Orthopedically handicapped||Office Assistant – I (Hindi)||01 Nos|
|11||UR – 1 post
OBC – 1 post
|Laboratory Assistant||02 Nos|
In the above table the term of Junior Research Fellow is for 2 years. PWD means person with disabilities.
UR is unreserved.
As per the advertisement issued by the NIRM Recruitment 2016, the required qualification for the respective posts are given below –
Scientist – VI :
The post requires a candidate with the following essential qualifications
- Civil or Mining Engineering degree with First Class. Or MSc in Geology/Geophysics
- A PhD in the field of Rock Mechanics
- Experience that is relevant either in research, industry or teaching supported by original work in the field of Rock Mechanics with patents and publications.
In addition, experience up to 10 years in the field of research and development in a position of responsibility is considered desirable.
Scientist – V :
- Civil or Mining Engineering degree with First Class or MSc in Geology or Geophysics, or a PG in Rock Mechanics.
- Relevant experience of 15 years relevant either in research, industry or teaching supported by original work in the field of Rock Mechanics with patents and publications.
- In addition, experience up to 10 years in the field of research and development in a position of responsibility is considered desirable along with PhD in Rock Mechanics.
Scientist – II :
Essential Qualifications include a Civil or Mining Engineering degree with first class. Or an MSc in Electronics/ Geology/Geophysics with first class along with relevant experience up to 6 years. ME or M.Tech in the relevant subject is considered desirable.
Scientist – I:
Essential Qualifications include a Civil/Mining/Electronics and Communications/Mechanical Engineering degree with first class. Or an MSc in Geology/Geophysics with first class. ME or M.Tech in the relevant subject is considered desirable.
Qualifications needed are:
- BSc in PCM(physics, chemistry, maths).
- A full time 3 year duration Diploma in Electronics Instrumentation Engineering/Technology/Mechanical/Mining or an equivalent diploma from technical board or university with recognition.
Junior Research Fellow:
- MSc/MSc(Tech) in Geophysics /M.Tech in Electronics/Instrumentation/ B.Tech with first class.
- Experience or training in processing of seismic data is preferred.
Finance and Accounts Officer:
- A graduate with ICWA/SAS/ACA qualification up to 10 years experience including accounting work experience of 2 years in Govt. Department or organizations in a responsible position.
- Ability to handle Tally software.
- Computer proficiency.
- Familiarity with rules and regulations of Govt.
- A university degree or equivalent and 12 years work experience in a supervisory capacity in a department of Govt. or an organization with well established administrative duties.
- Computer proficiency.
- Familiarity with rules and regulations of Govt.
Office Assistant – I:
Graduate with English/Hindi Typing speed of 40 wpm. 2 years of work experience in accounts or general administration in professional capacity.
Office Assistant – I (HINDI):
Graduate with Hindi Typing speed of 40 wpm. 2 years of professional typing experience.
Laboratory Assistant : S.S.L.C candidate can apply
Check here – Jobs in Karnataka
The notification clearly mentions age limit for different posts. The date of reckoning will be 1st October of 2016. Posts with Sl. No 5,6,9,10,11 have age requirement of 28 years or below. For posts with Sl. No 7 and 8 the age limit is of 45 years. For scientists it is as follows:
Scientist – VI : the age limit is 55 years
Scientist – V : the age limit is 50 years
Scientist – II : the age limit is 40 years
Scientist – I : the age limit is 30 years
NIRM Recruitment Selection Process:
In the notification released by the NIRM Recruitment 2016, the Selection Process for the above mentioned posts has not been mentioned.
Scientists – VI and V will have PB-4 pay scale of Rs.37,400-67,000 with respective grade pays of Rs 10000 and Rs 8900.
Scientists – II and I will have PB-3 pay scale of Rs.15,600-39,100 with respective grade pays of Rs 6600 and Rs 5400.
The four assistants have PB-1 pay scale of Rs.5,200-20,200 with fixed grade pay of Rs 1,800
The two officers will have PB-3 pay scale of Rs.15,600-39,100 with grade pay Rs 5400
Junior Research Fellow has Consolidated Pay of Rs 16,000 p.m. and the HRA is revised according to DST rules.
How to Apply NIRM Recruitment:
As per the instructions given in the notification released by NIRM Recruitment 2016, following are the instructions on how to apply –
- The aspirants will have to direct themselves to the official portal of the organization and download the application form at the link provided at the footnote . The link for the page is http://www.nirm.in/pages/184.108.40.206.htm
- The documents for verification that should be enclosed include qualifications, experience, and employment.
- There is an application fee. The amount is Rs. 200/- for posts with Sl. No 1,2,3,4,7,8. For posts with Sl. No 5,9,10,11 the fees is Rs. 100/-
- The fee should be in the form of a DD. It should be in favour of “National Institute of Rock Mechanics” and has to be payable on State Bank of Mysore (KGF Branch) / State Bank of India (Dooravaninagar Branch) / Canara Bank/ Corporation Bank (Andersonpet Branch) / Karur Vysya Bank, Robertsonpet/ Syndicate Bank/ KGF . This DD must be enclosed with application form.
- The application fee need not be paid by SC/ST applicants.
- Applicants who are already employed in Private Organizations or in Government Sector must consult the concerned employer and then route it through the employer. These applicants can send advance copies of their application.
- The following applications will be rejected
- Applications that are Incomplete
- Applications which are submitted without proper fee
- Applications that are not forwarded through employer (where applicable)
- Applications without supporting and necessary enclosures.
- The envelope with enclosed application form and other testimonials must be super-scribed with “Application against Advt/01/2016-17 and Post No. ”. Post No. is mentioned in above table, and should be appropriately mentioned.
The forms fully completed along with testimonials copies must be submitted by registered post . They should be addressed to Registrar and have to reach before or on the 31st August 2016.
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
The official site is – http://www.nirm.in/Main.htm
The official notice is at – http://www.nirm.in/pages/220.127.116.11.htm
The official notice requests the applicants to visit the website and go through it for further details.