NDA Application Form 2017 Notification – UPSC NDA/NA Vacancy – 375 Army, Navy, Air Force Posts – Online Application Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites applications from eligible candidates for National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) positions. The NDA Application Form 2017 can be submitted using the online mode at the official website of UPSC. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online in a three step process including registration, fee payment, and submission of NDA Application Form 2017. The Vacancy are for the Defence forces of India and selection is done on the basis of eligibility, merit in the written exam, intelligence and personality tests, and SSB interview. As per the NDA Application Form 2017 notification, Candidates who applied online in a successful manner have to check the online resources for details pertaining to the admit cards for the written examination.
The details pertaining to the Army, Navy, and Air Force positions is tabulated here –
|Sl. No||Defence Department & Posts||Educational Requirements||Age Limits|
|1||Army Wing – NDA||10+2 or 12th or Equivalent||Born after the 2nd July 1998 but not after the 1st July 2001.|
|2||Air Force, Naval Wings- NDA||10+2 or 12th or Equivalent with Physics and Mathematics|
The educational criteria mentioned in above table are minimum and essential. Additional details are listed below –
- The education certificates must be issued by State Education Boards or Universities.
- Candidates appearing for 10+2 or 12th can also apply.
- Candidates have to be fresh, fighting fit, and unmarried.
The age limits for the above mentioned positions are listed below as per the NDA Application Form 2017 notification –
- Candidates have to be between 16 and 18 years of age.
- Candidates who are born after July 1st of 2001 are rejected.
The following selection procedure for NDA and NA positions can be studied by the interested applicants –
- Candidates who apply before the last date will be considered.
- Candidates have to be eligible in terms of educational and other requirements.
- Eligible candidates will be subjected to a written examination.
- This is followed by Intelligence and Personality tests.
- Candidates will also have to attend SSB interview later.
- Selection is at the discretion of UPSC.
Written Exam Pattern And Syllabus:
The written exam will only have Objective Type Questions. Both the written exam and interview each carry 900 marks. Mathematics and General Ability sections carry 300 and 600 marks respectively. Each subject has to be answered in 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Intelligence and Personality Test:
This test is made up of two stages i.e. stage I and stage II. In the stage I, the candidates are tested in Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) using Picture Perception and Description Test (PP&DT). In the stage II interview, Group Testing Tasks, Psychology Tests and Conference are conducted.
Interview : The SSB Interview carries 900 marks.
UPSC NDA/NA Syllabus:
Algebra, Trigonometry, Matrices and Determinants, 2D and 3D Analytical Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Vector Algebra, Differential Equations, etc.
English & General Ability
Grammar and Application, Vocabulary, Language Comprehension and Cohesion, General Science Chemistry, Physics, and Geography etc.
There NDA Application Form 2017 notification provides the following details for the application fee –
|General Category Candidates||Rs 100/-|
|SC, ST Candidates||No Fee|
|Sons Of JCO,NCO, and Army, Navy, Air Force Personnel Of Equal Rank||No Fee|
|First Payment Mode||SBI Cash Deposit|
|Other Payment Modes||Debit, Credit Cards|
|Net Banking At – SBI, SBH, or Patiala, Mysore, Travancore, Bikaner&Jaipur State Banks|
How to Apply:
The candidates can take note of the following sequence of steps for application –
- Open the official website in a browser using this link -http://www.upsc.gov.in/
- Click the ‘Recruitment Advertisements’ link.
- Click the ‘Apply Online’ link on the main page to open the ‘Existing Vacancies’ page.
- Click the ‘New Registration’ link at the top of the page.
- Input personal and communication details and submit the form.
- After successful completion of registration , save the registration id and password for later use.
- On the ‘Employment Vacancies’ page scroll down to the job designation of interest.
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ link next to the specific vacancy position of interest.
- The login form is displayed on the newly opened page.
- Enter the login details for registration id and password and submit the form.
- On the newly opened page provide all the requested data to fill up the application form.
- Verify all the input details and make online payments where applicable.
- Candidates who opt for offline payments have to use the ‘Print Bank Pay-in-Slip’ option so as to make the cash deposit at the nearest bank.
- The payment process is completed only after the ‘Transaction ID’ details are entered by logging in again later.
- Candidates have to upload all the scans of the required documents, signature, and photo where applicable and submit the application form.
- The online process terminates and the system accepts the NDA Application Form 2017.
The following significant dates have been tabulated as per the NDA Application Form 2017 notification –
|Date of UPSC NDA/NA Notification||18th January, 2017|
|Starting Date For New User Registration||29 September, 2017|
|Last Date For Online Application Submission||10th February, 2017|
|Date Of Issue Of NDA Admit Card||March Last Week, 2017|
|Date Of UPSC NDA/NA Exam||23rd April 2017|
The link to the official website of UPSC is at : http://www.upsc.gov.in/
The links to the official notification and the online applications are at: https://upsconline.nic.in/ora/VacancyNoticePub.php