MPSC Recruitment 2016 – Head of Department in Civil, Packaging Tech., Electrical and Automobile Engineering
The MPSC Recruitment 2016 notification has been released for benefit of Engineers from above subjects. There are vacancies for Head of Department in these Engineering subjects at Government Polytechnics. The positions are under supervision of Directorate of Technical Education for Maharashtra Polytechnic Teachers Services in Group-A. The recruitment is done by MPSC selection committee for experienced candidates with essential qualifications. The details pertaining to official note, job responsibilities, total vacancies, salary and application fee details, application steps and selection methodology are provided below.
MPSC Notification Details:
Maharashtra Public Service Commission or MPSC recruits for administrative, academic, clerical, etc., positions. The current notification is for Head of Department (HOD) positions under Open and Reserved categories for Engineers only. Eligible candidates can register and apply online. Candidates have to carry scans of signature and photo along with email and mobile contact information for online application. Examination fee can also be paid online or through e-seva or bank services. There are 14 posts in different subjects for Government Polytechnics.
Engineers are appointed for HOD positions in automobile, civil, electrical and packaging technology subjects. Candidates with graduate and master’s degrees in these subjects or associated technologies can apply provided they have relevant experience. Selection Committee will determine required criteria for experience and their decision is final and binding. The official notification has been issued by Deputy Secretary of Maharashtra Public Service Commission in Mumbai with notification number ” Advt. No. – 37/2016 to 40/2016″ and is dated as 29th of July, 2016.
Graduates and Master Degree holders in above subjects with relevant experience will be given appointment. Selected candidates have to offer executive and managerial services, and carry out all academic and administrative processes including requirement analysis, planning, monitoring, and guidance. The appointee has to implement prescribed curricula, and coordinate all inter-departmental activities. The selected HOD will report to Principal of Polytechnic on all departmental issues.
MPSC Recruitment Vacancy Details:
The details for HOD position for various subjects is tabulated below in concurrence with MPSC Recruitment 2016 notification:
|Advt. No.||Post Title; Subject||Total Posts;
|Pay band +
|Essential Qualifications and Experience|
|37/2016||Head of Department ;
UR – 2
|[ Bachelors or Masters Degree in respective branch of Engineering/Technology with First Class or Equivalent.
Relevant Experience of 10 Yrs. in Teaching or Industry or Research is minimum ]
OR[ Bachelors or Masters Degree in respective branch of Engineering/Technology with First Class or Equivalent.
PhD or Equivalent with Minimum 5 Yrs. of Relevant Experience in respective subject ]
|38/2016||Head of Department ;
UR – 1
|39/2016||Head of Department ;
UR – 1
|40/2016||Head of Department ;
UR – 3
Reserved – 4
The HOD posts require above essential study and experience requirements. In addition, following desired requirements are specified by MPSC Recruitment 2016 advertisement:
- PhD equivalent is 5 papers in specialization are in international journal as author. The journal should have cumulative impact index of 2.0 or more.
- Good academic performance with patents and publications are required for experienced candidates.
- Experience should be at managerial level that is equal to HOD where services offered include designing, executing, training, planning, quality control, analyzing, innovating, etc. Published material of relevance like technical books, research papers, patents, IPR etc. are welcome.
- Management and Leadership skills are considered essential for candidates.
Candidates who are between the ages of 50 and 55 yrs. will be considered for appointment. The date of reckoning for calculating age limit is November 1st, 2016.
The selection process for HOD post is mentioned below:
- All the online applications and uploads are verified for eligible qualifications.
- Short listed candidates have to appear for written examination and subsequent interview.
- Candidates are selected based on performance and reservation rules are applied.
The above mentioned vacancy has salary suitable to the position given, and there is also a grade pay as mentioned in the above table.
Application Fee :
Examination fee has to be paid using debit/credit card or online banking. Bank Challan and e-Seva payment are also allowed. The fixed fee which is mandatory is listed below:
- General Category Candidates pay : Rs.523/-
- Reserved Category Candidates pay: Rs.323/-
How to Apply MPSC Recruitment:
The application process for HOD positions is listed below, and is strictly in conformity with the detailed instructions provided by MPSC Recruitment 2016 :
- Eligible candidates must apply using online mode only.
- Candidate have to create account or login if they are already registered at: https://mahampsc.mahaonline.gov.in/MPSC/MPSCHome.aspx
- Account creation requires information like username, mobile, birthdate, and password. Login and password must be noted for further use.
- Login and password have to be entered, and one-time profile has to be created.
- One-time profile needs personal, married status, gender, phone, email, address, qualification, Experience, etc., details.
- Photo and signature have to be uploaded. Only JPEG/JPG format scans with 50kb Max size and having Dimensions of 3.5 X 4.5 cm – breadth X height – are acceptable.
- After profile is saved, candidate can submit application by logging into home page and clicking on “Online Application” menu item.
- Select the vacancy and click on “Click Here to Apply” link.
- Candidate profile is displayed which can be checked for correctness and submit button is clicked to complete application submission step.
- Candidate has to pay fee next by clicking on “My Account” link.
- The examination type has to be selected, and “Pay now” link next to vacancy is clicked.
- Mode of payment has to be selected. Online option leads to Payment gateway where candidate can pay fee using debit or credit card or online banking.
- Other modes required candidate to take printout of payment slip to pay at e-seva centre or bank challan for bank payment after 2 or 4 hours.
- Status of fee paid is changed to “Paid” and this should be checked before selecting exam centre to complete application steps.
The MPSC Recruitment 2016 requests eligible candidates to take note of following dates –
|Date of Official Notification Issue||29th July, 2016|
|Last date of Online Application Submission||18th August, 2016|
|Last date of Fee Payment||19th August, 2016|
The Link to official website of MPSC is at: https://www.mpsc.gov.in/Site/Home/Index.aspx
The Links with vacancy notifications in Hindi and English are at:
- Applications with incomplete details or without testimonial copies will be rejected.
- Applicants have to pay the mandatory fee.
- Only online application method is to be used.
- Appointments is at the discretion of MPSC authorities and decisions made are non-negotiable.
MPSC Recruitment 2016–2017 – Tax Asst/SI/Forest Service at mpsc.gov.in
There are multiple vacancies under MPSC Recruitment 2016-2017 for the jobs of Tax Assistant, Sub- Inspector and Forest Service.
MPSC Recruitment 2016-17 invites eligible and deserving applicants to apply for the posts of Tax Assistant, Sub- Inspector and Forest Service. There are multiple vacancies for each of these posts. There are about 450 vacancies for the post of Tax assistant, 828 vacancies for the post of Sub Inspector and 55 Vacancies for the post of forest guard.
Maharashtra Public Service Commission has issued an advertisement named MPSC Recruitment 2016-17 in order to hire hardworking and eligible candidates for the multiple vacancies at the posts of Tax Assistant, Sub- Inspector and Forest Guard. MPSC requires candidates having the eligibility ability to work hard for the given posts. MPSC requires candidates willing to get a government job. The interested applicants can apply online for the posts they are eligible for. Online Application forms are available at the official portal of MPSC.
Details regarding vacancies at MPSC, application form, or any other detail regarding recruitment in MPSC at various posts is available at the official portal of MPSC.
The number of vacancies varies with the applying post at MPSC. In all cases there are multiple vacancies and hence multiple eligible applicants are required to fill these posts. The number of vacancies at MPSC according to the posts is given below.
|Sr. No.||Name of the post||Number of Vacancies|
|Tax Assistant||450 nos.|
|Sub Inspector||828 nos.|
|Forest Guard||55 nos.|
The required qualifications of the applying candidates differ with the posts they are applying for. The required qualifications of the applicants according to the posts are given below.
For Tax Assistant:
- The applicants must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University or Institution. Also, the academic record of the applicant should also be good.
- The applicant must be able to write 30 words per minute in Marathi and 40 words per minute in Hindi.
For Sub Inspector:
- The applicant must have completed 10th or 12th or graduation degree in any discipline or their equivalent qualification from a recognized University or Institution.
For Forest Guard:
- The applicant must have acquired a Bachelor’s’ degree in Botany or zoology or chemistry or Forest Science or Mathematics or Horticultural Science or Agricultural Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Civil Engineering or Computer Applications or Computer Science or Environment Science or Veterinary Science or any other equivalent from a recognized University or Institution. Also, the applicant must have a good Academic record.
Check here – Jobs in Maharashtra
The age limit of the applying candidates differs with the post they are applying for. Any relaxation in age of the applicants in consent with the category they belong to, will be in accordance with the government of India rules.The given age limit of the applicants is in accordance with the age of the applicants on 1st June, 2016. The age limit of the applicants according to the posts is given below.
|Sr. No.||Name of the post||Age Limit|
|1||Tax Assistant||18 to 38 years|
|2||Sub Inspector||Up to 35 yrs|
|3||Forest Guard||21 to 33 years|
The selection process of the candidates differs with the applying post. The selection process according to the posts is given below.
For Tax Assistant:
- For the selection of most eligible and suitable applicants for the vacancies under MPSC Recruitment, a written examination will be conducted by the Selection Panel of Organization.
- The organization will also conduct an interview along with / in place of the written examination for the selection of the most hardworking and eligible candidates.
For Sub Inspector:
- The applicants will first undergo a written examination conducted by the Selection Panel of MPSC.
- The applicants qualifying the examinations will undergo PET
- The applicants qualifying both the steps given above will then undergo a skill test or personal Interview.
For Forest Guard:
- The applicants will first undergo a preliminary test.
- Applicants qualifying the preliminary test will have to undergo the main examination.
- Applicants qualifying both the above given steps will finally have to undergo a personal interview.
The salary of the applicants varies with the post as given below.
|Sr. No.||Name of the post||Monthly Salary|
|Tax Assistant||Rs. 5,200 to 20,000+ Grade pay Rs. 2,400|
|Sub Inspector||Rs. 9,300 to 34,800+ Grade pay Rs. 4,200|
|Forest Guard||Rs. 9,300 to 34,800+ Grade pay Rs. 4,400|
How to Apply MPSC Recruitment:
The application process is same for all the the posts at MPSC . The application process is as follows.
- To apply for any post under MPSC Recruitment, the candidates need to apply from the official portal of MPSC.
- Selecting the ‘New Registration link’ on the left side of homepage, signup by Filling all the required details and clicking the ‘Create User’ tab.
- Logging in to your account, fill the online application form with correct details.
- Upload your recent passport size photograph and signature
- Pay the application fee through proper channel.
- Take a printout of your application form for further use after submitting it online.
Application Fee/ Processing fee:
The application fee for any post is to be paid by SBI Challan service.The Application fee differs with the applying post as given below.
|Sr. No.||Name of the post||Application fee|
|Tax Assistant||UR/ OBC: Rs. 273/-
SC/ ST : Rs. 273/-
Ex-Soldier: Rs. 23/-
|Sub Inspector||UR: Rs. 523/-
For Reserved categories: Rs. 323/-
|Forest Guard||UR/ OBC: Rs. 523/-
SC/ ST: Rs. 323/-
Important dates for online application or payment of fees are given below.
|Sr. No.||Name of the post||Last Date to Apply||Last date to pay fee|
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
Any information regarding vacancies at MPSC is available on the official portal of MPSC given below. – Official Link
Applicants applying for more than one post must fill the applications for all posts separately and fill the respective application fees separately.