Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2016 – Advertisement for Post of AB SI, UB SI, AB & UB Constables, Followers:
The vacancies are available for the post of Armed Branch Sub Inspector ( AB SI), Unarmed Branch Sub Inspector ( UB SI ), AB Constables, UB Constables, and Followers.
Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2016 release advertisement for its 1425 available posts.
Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2016 has issued notification for the post of Si, Constables and other posts. As per the notification released, the Office of the DG Prisons/ Addl Director General of Police, Central Recruitment Board, Meghalaya has invited applications under five categories for the post of 100 UB Sub inspector, 25 AB Sub inspector, UB Constables, Firemen, MPRO Operator, Driver Firemen, WPC, State Battalion Constables, Driver COnstable, Armourer, Mechanic, Bugler, Handyman Constable, AB Constables, Followers of DEF. All the details regarding the number of vacancies and eligibility criteria, age limit, required qualification, are mentioned in the advertisement here.
All the information regarding the posts and notification in available on the official advertisement.
All the candidates will be informed about the progress of their application form through the official website of Meghalaya Police.
As per the advertisement issued by Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2016, following are the vacancy details –
The Vacancies are further divided into five categories –
Category 1 –
UB Sub Inspectors – 100 Nos
Category 2 –
AB Sub Inspectors – 25 Nos
Category 3 – ( Unarmed Branch Group )
- UB Constables – 463 Nos
- Firemen – 41 Nos
- Driver Firemen – 10 Nos
- MPRO Operators – 96 Nos
- WPC – 23 Nos
Category 4 – ( Armed Branch Group )
- AB Constables – 145 Nos
- State Battalion & IRBN Constables – 540 Nos
- Rider Constables – 3 Nos
- Handyman Constables – 18 Nos
- Buglers – 6 Nos
- Driver Constables – 101 Nos
- Mechanics – 10 Nos
- MPRO Constables – 2 Nos
- Armourers – 9 Nos
Category 5 –
Followers of DEF/ State Battalions including IRBN – 16 Nos
A total of 1425 vacancies are available for given posts.
The required qualification for the above mentioned posts are as follows –
- The Required Educational Qualification for UB and AB ( Category 1 & 2) that comprises of Armed Branch Sub Inspector and Unarmed Branch Sub Inspector is at least a degree in any discipline.
- The required qualification for UB Constables ( Category 3 ) that comprises of WPC, MPRO Operator, Diremen, AB Constable, Driver Firemen is at least 10+2 passed.
- The required qualification for AB Constables ( Category 4 ) that comprises of Rider Constable, Handyman Constable, MPRO Constable, Mechanic, Bugler, Armourer, AB Constables, Driver Constable, is at least 9th passed.
- The required qualification for Followers ( Category 5 ) is at least 5th passed.
The Height criteria for Category 1, 2 & 3 is 157 cm for Male belonging to ST category. The height criteria for Male of other categories is 162 cm. For Females belonging to ST category and other Category is 152 cm and 157 cm respectively.
As per the age criteria prescribed by Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2016, the limit for Armed Branch Group is 18 to 21 Years. The Age Limit for Unarmed Branch is 18 to 21 years.
The age limit for Followers is 18 to 27 years.
The candidates belonging to SC/ST will be eligible to receive 5 years of relaxation in the upper age limit.
The Selection process for the first four categories consists of Physical Efficiency Test , Written Examination, and Personal Interview with different marks and duration.
The selection process for Category 5 is Physical Efficiency Test of 250 marks, Trade Test of 150 Marks, Interview of 50 Marks.
The candidates qualifying the three set of Selection Process will be entitled to be awarded his/her posts as per the applications.
The Salary Structure for the above mentioned categories are as follows –
- For UB and AB Sub Inspectors, the pay scale is 14,100 -350 -16,550 – EB – 460 – 20,690 – 620 – 27,510/-.
- For UB Constable ( Category 3 ), the pay scale is 8,300/- – 210 – 9,770 – EB – 270 – 12,200 – 370 – 16,270/-
- For AB Constables ( Category 4 ), the pay scale for Matriculated candidates is 8,300 – 210 – 9,770 – EB – 270 – 12,200 – 370 – 16,270/- and for Non Matriculated Candidates, the pay scale is 7,700/- – 190 – 9,030 – EB – 250 – 11,280 – 340 – 15,020/-
How to Apply:
The candidate contesting for any of the post given will have to log in to the official website of Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2016.
The form is available from 15th March 2016 to 30th April 2016.
The candidate will have to fill the application form before the due date and has to submit it to the Office of the DG Prisons/ Addl Director General of Police, (TAP) & Chairman, Central Recruitment Board (CRB), Meghalaya, Shillong.
Application/ Processing Fee:
The application form for Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2016 is available at the Offices of all District Superintendents of Police and Commandants of MLP Battalions and Principal, PTS Mawroh, Shillong on a payment of 50/-. Application forms can be downloaded from the official website or click on the link given below.
The date of availability of Application form is from 15th March 2016 and the last date of form submission is 30th April 2016.
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
The official Advertisement by Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2016 is available on the website or follow the link below –
- Candidates applying for any of the position should be a citizen of India.
- 2. All the Candidates are hereby informed that no application form will be expected after the due date.
- A bonus of 5 marks will be awarded to candidates belonging to one of the following criteria –
- Sports Person
- “B” or “C” certificate holder of National Cadet Corps
- Home Guards Volunteers
- Children of Non-gazetter police personnel of Meghalaya Police.
- A candidate can submit only one application form for any on posts.
- The Candidates applying for the above mentioned posts are hereby informed that they must be literate of at least one of the regional language used in the State.