Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 – Lady Security Guards/ Constable Posts on Contract
The Kolkata Port Trust has recently published an advertisement “Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016” informing physically fit female candidates of vacancy for Constable or Lady Security Guards positions. The vacancies have been advertised due to a requirement at Kolkata Dock System. The following advertisement provides all necessary information pertaining to the post including job particulars, requisite qualifications for the candidate, pay scale details, application procedure, important links to official websites and downloadable documents, etc., Eligible candidates looking forward to work as a Constables or Lady Security Guards, as advertised by Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016, can peruse the following advertisement carefully for comprehensive details pertaining to the available vacancies.
Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 informs the interested candidates about vacancy for Constable or Lady Security Guard positions. These positions are to fill the requirement needs in Port Security Organization of the Kolkata Dock System located in Kolkata. The job requires physically fit and alert women with the ability to work in shifts. The selected candidates will be entrusted with the responsible duty of protecting the property and assets of the Port Trust which include money, stores, goods, and all other materials owned by the Trust. Candidates who are given the posting have to be flexible and display willingness to work at any location assigned to them, which will be done as per the requirements of the organization. The selected candidates will be entitled to leave on medical grounds and shift work will be assigned as per the roster with one day weekly off. There are 6 posts available as of now.
According to the Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement, the Secretary of Kolkata Port Trust or KoPT, has issued an advertisement recently, inviting applications for the Constable or Lady Security Guard posts. An invitation has been extended to qualified candidates interested in security work to apply by submitting their applications in a fixed format that is provided with the notification. The submission has to be made by post and the last date for receiving the application is mentioned as 18/08/2016. Applications are invited only from candidates who are willing to abide by the terms and conditions of the organization, which are provided with the notification.
Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement mentions that the duration of appointment is on a contract basis and is for one year only. The appointment may be terminated by providing a notice of one month and this can be done either by the employee or the organization. The Port Trust alone has the right to extend this contract after one year, and is subject to the willingness of the selected candidates. The extension may or may not be given in which case the contract will terminate after one year. The Secretary informs all the candidates that appointments can also be terminated due to misbehaviour on the job, unsatisfactory performance, or insubordination.
The vacancy details for the Constable or Lady Security Guards positions as per the information provided by the Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement are as follows:
- For the post of Lady Security Guards/Constable there are total 6 seats available.
- For the post of Lady Security Guards/Constable, the contract is temporary and for one year.
The total number of vacancies available are 6 Nos.
The Constable/Lady Security Guards post requires following essential qualifications as per the information provided by the Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 –
- The applicant should be a retiree from either RPF or CISF and CRPF. A retiree from WB or Kolkata police will also be considered eligible.
- Experienced candidates with ability to handle situations pertaining to law and order, and crowd control are given preference. Preference is also given to candidates who are good at checking and frisking visitors and suspects.
- CISF retirees will get preferential treatment at selection.
- Essential qualification for the candidates is physical fitness with an alert mindset.
The Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement explicitly mentions an age requirement for the Constable/Lady Security Guards position. The female candidates who will be considered for security duty must be below the age of 60 years. Appointment will be denied for older candidates.
As per the details provided by the Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement, the following steps are implemented for selecting a suitable candidate for Constable/Lady Security Guard posts:
- Only eligible candidates who agree with the Port Trust’s terms and conditions will be considered for selection.
- Candidates who applied in fixed format and submitted all relevant certificates, proofs and testimonials will only be considered for short listing.
- Verification of Applications for correctness and eligibility.
- Subsequent selection depending on the decision of Selection Committee which is at the discretion of Kolkata Port Trust.
The Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement informs the eligible candidates seeking selection for above mentioned posts that a consolidated remuneration will be paid to the appointees. The salary will be on a monthly basis with allowances and expenses as mentioned below –
- A monthly pay of Rs.14,500/ with Rs 100/- for usage of mobile phone and Rs 120/- allowance for uniform.
- Both outdoor and indoor medical facilities availed only at KoPT Centenary Hospital. This is only for the employee. Medicines, treatment, diagnostic tests, and other medical products that are purchased outside will not be reimbursed
- TA/DA entitlement when there is an official tour requiring travel outside the headquarters.
Application Fee :
The Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement informs the eligible candidates applying for above mentioned posts that there is no application fee. Candidates who secure the appointment will have to pay a rent or license fee for accommodation if applicable.
How to Apply:
As per the particulars provided by the Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement, the procedure for application to the above posts is as follows:
- Candidates who are eligible with essential qualifications have to apply.
- The applicant must submit an application in fixed format available for download at official website. The link is provided below.
- All the information requested has to be provided and all necessary copies of proofs, certificates, and testimonials must be enclosed in an envelope along with a passport photo.
- The envelope should have the following superscription: “Application for engagement as lady Security Guard / Constable on contractual basis”
- The above mentioned documents have to be forwarded to the following address by post:
Port Security Organization,
P-65, C.G.R Road,
Kolkata – 700 043
The Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement mentions the following last date for application submission –
|The Last Date For Application Receipt||18th August, 2016|
The Link for Kolkata Port Trust website is at: http://www.kolkataporttrust.gov.in/
The Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment Notification and application format available here: Download PDF
- The applications for the post must be submitted in a timely manner with complete details.
- Applications submitted after due date will be rejected summarily.