JEE Main 2017 – Check Complete Details and Apply Now
Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) is an All India test conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Interested candidates with necessary eligibility criteria are instructed to apply using the online mode starting December. The entrance is conducted for admission into Under Graduate (UG) courses in Engineering and Architecture at Technological Institutes like NIT, IIT, etc., The paper 1 is for admission into BE/ B Tech courses while B Arch/B Planning courses need students to appear for paper 2. Successful students get admitted into 65 Technological Institutes that accept JEE Main 2017 scores. The interested candidates have to ensure eligibility criteria and submit online applications after going through the terms of reference in the official notification. The official portal provides the active links, notifications, and admit cards online in a timely manner. Candidates are instructed to regularly check the online resources for future updates. The JEE Main 2017 examination can be attempted for a total of 3 times only.
The tabulated information for UG programmes is presented below –
|Sl.No.||Programme Name||Educational Institutes||Exam||Eligibility|
|1||Undergraduate Engineering Programme – BE,
B Tech, B Arch,
|NIT, IIIT, Centrally Funded Institutions||Paper 1 ; BE/B Tech||Class 12 – 50%;
JEE Main 2017
The above mentioned eligibility criteria are minimum and essential for qualification. Additional details are provided below –
- 3 Year diploma holders are also eligible for JEE Main 2017 exam.
- JEE Main 2017 Exam is required eligibility for JEE Advanced Test for IIT admissions.
The age limits for eligibility to the JEE Main 2017 exam are listed below –
- All applicants should be born on or after October 1,1991.
- SC,ST,PWD Candidates receive 5 years relaxation in age limits.
There will be two papers in the examination. Candidates seeking admission into B.Tech/B.E have to appear for the Paper I. Candidates seeking admission into B.Arch/B.Planning have to appear for the Paper II. Paper I will be for a total of 360 marks with 30 objective multiple choice (OMC) questions of 120 marks each from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Paper II will be for 82 marks with 50 questions for aptitude test, 30 questions from Mathematics test and 2 questions for drawing test. The Exam can be taken in English and Hindi Medium across centres in India. In Gujarat, Candidates have the additional option of taking the test in Gujarati.
JEE Main 2017 Participating Institutes:
The students who succeed in the JEE Main 2017 exam get admitted into various technological colleges and institutes. The admission schedule begins after the results are declared and seat allocation is done on the basis of All India Ranking, State, Category, and availability of seats in the chosen programme or college.
The following participating institutes are listed for the benefit of the aspirants –
- National Institute of Technology – NITs – Across India.
- Indian Institutes of Information Technology – IIITs – Across India.
- Technical Institutes which are funded fully or partially by State and Central Governments.
- Haryana, UP,MP,WB, Maharashtra, Punjab, Gujarat, etc., Counselling
The application fee details for the JEE Main 2017 exam are tabulated here –
Male – Offline Exam
|SC/ST/PWD/ Female Candidates – Offline Exam||General/OBC – Online Exam||SC/ST/PWD/ Female Candidates – Online Exam|
|I or II||1000||500||500||250|
|I & II||1800||900||1300||650|
How to Apply JEE Main 2017:
Candidates interested in participating in the JEE Main 2017 can apply using the following procedure –
- Aspirants have to apply using only the online mode.
- Candidates are not provided any printed application forms.
- The onus of ensuring eligibility criteria rests completely with the candidate.
- Candidates should have to keep ready all the necessary qualifying certificates, mark sheets, and supporting documents.
- The official website can be opened in the browser using the following link – www.jeemain.nic.in
- The application link is activated in December and candidates have to submit applications before the last date.
- Candidates are instructed to read the terms of reference of official notification before sending their applications.
Important Dates :
|1||Release Date Of Application Form JEE Main 2017||1st Week Of December, 2016|
|2||Online Application Form Last Date||2nd Week Of January, 2017|
|3||Application Form Modification Process||Till January End, 2017|
|4||JEE Main 2017 Admit Card Release Date||March 1st Week, 2017|
|5||Papers 1 and 2 – Offline Exam Date||April 1st Week, 2017|
|6||Paper 1 – Online Exam Date||April 2nd Week, 2017|
|7||JEE Main 2017 Answer Key Release Date||April End, 2017|
|8||Result Date Of Top 200K Entrants||April End, 2017|
|9||Counselling Date||July First Week, 2017|
The link to the official website of JEE Main is at : http://jeemain.nic.in/WebInfo/Public/View.aspx?page=77