How to Apply for Passport?
The biggest proof of citizenship is the Passport so every Indian should have passport. Ministry of external Affairs has started the online passport application process for the common people to get the passport easily as before the offline process are very time consuming. The Online form of passport application is easy and simple here in this article we are going to discuss about how to apply for passport online. The applicants are requested not to take any help from the agents as they are charging a high price for it whereas you can do it in just Rs 1500.
Steps How To Apply For Passport Online :
Step 1 : First of all you need to access the Passport Seva Website. Get the direct link below
Step 2 : In the home page of the Passport Seva Website select the option “ Register Now” on the left hand side of the page.
Step 3 : it will navigate you to a new page
Step 4: Now fill the User Registration Form as shown above image and select the Register button
Step 5: After the User Registration, you can access the Applicant Home Page.
Step 6 : Here select the link showing “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport ”
Passport Application Filling Process:
Now the registration part is over the second part is filling the form, in this category you will two option to fill the application form
Option 1: Download the application form and fill it up in offline mode then again upload it.
Option 2: Fill up the form in online mode.
According to experts it is better to fill up the form in offline mode as if in the offline mode you can edit the data you have submitted which criteria is not present in the online mode.
How to Apply Passport Offline Mode Steps:
- Download the Application form
- Click the folder to open the application form in your PC
- Choose the option Fresh Passport / Reissue of Passport
- Type of Application is Normal .
- People who want a emergency Passport Choose Tatkal
- Choose the Number of Pages you want in the Passport Booklet
- Type your First Name
- Type your Surname
- Choose YES if you are known by any other names as well.
- Mention your Other Name(s) and Surname(s). Otherwise Choose NO
- Choose YES if you have ever changed your name.
- Mention your Old name(s) and Surname(s). Otherwise Choose NO
- Type your DOB in DD/MM/YYYY format. Eg 22/07/1987
- Choose YES if your place of Birth is Out of India. Otherwise choose NO
- Type the name of your Village/City/Town, State, District
- Type your Gender (Male/Female)
- Type your Marital Status (Single/Married/Widow/Divorced/Separated)
- All Indian Citizens must select Citizen of India by Birth
- Type your Pan Card Number and Voter ID Card Number (If Available). (Leave the respective box blank if you do not have a Pan Card and/or Voter ID ).
- Choose your Employment Type
- Choose YES if your Father/Mother/Spouse is a Government Servant. Otherwise Choose NO.
- Choose your Educational Qualification
- If your Qualification is 10th Standard or Above then you are eligible for Non-ECR Category. Otherwise NO
- Mention if you have Mark on your Face/Neck/Shoulder which is clearly visible
- Give your Aadhaar Card Number (If Available)
- Give your Father’s Name & Surname, your Legal Guardian’s Name(If Applicable) , your Mother’s Name & Surname, your Spouse’s Name & Surname. Choose NO if your Present Address is in India. Otherwise Choose YES.
- Choose YES if you Permanent Address is same as your Present Address. Otherwise Choose NO.
- Give your Emergency Contact Details such as Emergency Contact Person’s Name & Address, Mobile Number, Telephone Number & Email Address.
- Give 2 References Contact details in your City/Town/Village : Contact Person’s Name & Address, Mobile Number & Telephone Number.
- Type your Previous Passport Application Details : Choose YES if you have held any Official or Diplomatic Passport. Otherwise select NO. If you have applied for a passport before and it was not issued to you, then Choose YES. Otherwise Choose NO
- Type Other Details according to your preference
- Lastly read the Self Declaration & Check on I Agree
- Give the Name of the Place and Date
- Finally click on Validate and Save.
Your passport application form is ready in XML format now you have to upload it.
Check Here – List of Regional Passport Offices in India
Steps to Proceed After Filling Up The Application Form Offline:
- Now Again access the Applicant Home Page and select the link “Apply for Fresh Passport/ Re-issue a Passport ” here you will get the clink to upload the application form.
- Upload the application form from your PC
- Now your ARN number will generate, with this number you can check the uploaded form.
- Now book an Appointment at your Passport Seva Kendra(PSK) or Regional Passport Office (RPO),
- Select your ARN Number in Applicant Home Page. Just below your details click on the link to Book an Appointment. Check the availability of dates and respective PSK and/or RPO. According to your convenience you may finalize the date of appointment
For the appointed A fee of Rs.1500 will be charged. The applicants will get three chances for appointment booking. The payment can be done in different modes like Credit/Debit Cards, by Bank Deposit or By Bank Draft.
Note : Take photocopies of all the documents and keep the original and xerox copies in different folders to avoid the confusion.
- Carry all the documents with you, when you go to visit the authorities for verification as if they ask to produce any other document at that you will be ready to produce that one also.
Check Here – List of Documents required to Apply for the Passport
Passport Appointment :
You have to go to the Regional Passport Office or Passport Seva Kendra on your scheduled Appointment Date and Time. here the authority will verify some of the informations. They are
- Original Documents and you may be asked for the Photostat Documents.
- Next they will collect your Biometric Information like your fingerprints and thumb impressions of both the hands. Your photograph will also be clicked for online records.
- Lastly a Final Acknowledgement Receipt will be handed over to you, which you must keep safely.
Police Verification :
Within 2-3 weeks after your Appointment Date, you will be informed about the Police Verification Request for your Passport Application File at the Police Station/Thana specified by you while filling up the Application Form.
In case you did not receive any intimation, then track the status of your Passport Application by entering your File Number and Date of Birth.
After the police verification the invigilating police officer will provide you with clearance. Within 1-2 weeks after the ‘Clear’ Police Verification Report , you will undergo LIU Verification.
Important Note : The verification should be done within 3 weeks, if not contact with your Police Station.
LIU (Local Intelligence Unit) Verification
Lastly, LIU Verification will be done in which you will be asked few basic questions about your Family, your profession, your permanent address, father’s /Husband’s Name and Profession etc.
As soon as you have a clear LIU Verification, Your Passport will be dispatched to your Postal Address approximately within a month. You will receive an Email and SMS as soon as your Passport is dispatched with the details of Speed Post.
Follow the Link to Apply for Passport: http://passportindia.gov.in/
This is all about the steps and process of applying for the passport online, hope the article is helpful for you if you have any more queries please share with us we will try to give support.