FCI Recruitment 2016 – Assistant Grade.III (Genl./Depot) Clerical Posts In Sports Quota
The Food Corporation of India, or FCI for short, has recently published an advertisement “FCI Recruitment 2016” informing eligible candidates of vacancy for Assistant Grade.III positions in General and Depot categories. The FCI is hiring only sportspersons with merit for this vacancy. The following advertisement provides all necessary information pertaining to these posts including number of vacancies, job particulars, requisite qualifications for the candidates, application procedure, important links to official websites and downloadable documents, etc., As per the FCI Recruitment 2016 advertisement, eligible candidates who are looking forward to getting recruited, can peruse the following advertisement carefully for comprehensive details pertaining to the vacancies.
FCI Recruitment 2016 informs the interested candidates with qualifications in sports about vacancy for Assistant Grade.III positions in General and Depot categories. These positions are for clerical grade employees, and require the recruits to work under the supervision of superior grade and employees or officers or managers. The selected candidates will perform administrative tasks involving filing, mail, registry handling, and other office work that is assigned to them regularly. There are 15 posts available and North Zone is providing 8 vacancies while the remaining 7 posts for the Grade III Assistants are at New Delhi HQ. The posting for the recruited candidates can be changed at the discretion of the authorized department and the decision made in this matter is final, binding, and non-negotiable.
According to the FCI Recruitment 2016 advertisement, North Zone Office of Food Corporation of India is inviting applications for the Assistant Grade III posts in General and Depot categories. An invitation has been extended to sports persons with merit to apply by postal service and also by email for the above mentioned vacancies. The candidates are informed that two applications have to be sent i.e. using both postal and email services, and this is mandatory for application to be accepted. The last date for receiving the application is mentioned as 10/08/2016. The last date has been extended by 10 days for NE states and J&K candidates.
The Zonal Sports Promotion Committee or ZSPC for North Zone requests only eligible candidates with necessary qualifications to peruse the notification thoroughly before choosing to apply. Candidates can apply in English or Hindi, and the selection will be based on trials in respective sports field to be held at a later date. The FCI Recruitment 2016 advertisement mentions that selected candidates will be posted as per requirements of the Corporation, and the decision of the Committee is final and binding in all matters related to recruitment including application acceptance and selection of candidates.
The vacancy details for the Grade III Assistant posts as per the information provided by the FCI Recruitment 2016 advertisement are as follows:
|Sl. No.||Total Posts||Game||Gender||Zone|
- There are 7 vacancies in New Delhi Headquarters.
- These are for candidates from different sports and games. Two positions each are available for candidates from Hockey, Football, and Cricket. Table Tennis player has 1 post only allotted.
- There are 8 vacancies at North Zone offices.
- Two posts are for Hockey and Football players, while Cricketers have 3 vacancies. One post is for a female TT player.
- All positions are for male candidates unless except the one mentioned above.
The aspirants for Grade III Assistant posts in General and Depot categories require the following essential qualifications as per the information provided by the FCI Recruitment 2016 advertisement –
- A graduate from university with recognition is the essential educational qualification. Any discipline in graduation is acceptable. Relaxation in educational qualification is for sports persons who are outstanding or excellent or exceptional. Excellence is determined by position won. If sports event had less than three teams then first position is mandatory, and in other events with more teams, any one of the first three podium positions are acceptable.
- Sports eligibility is based on participation in State/National/International events as also University and school level representation with participation in inter-university and national school games/events held by Inter-University Sports Board and All India School Games Federation respectively. The above order is followed for determining precedence in sports qualifications in various acceptable sports starting with International events and moving down to school level events. Necessary certificates from authorized personnel like Dean, Director, or Secretary must be submitted as proof of sports representation.
The FCI Recruitment 2016 advertisement makes it specific that the eligible candidates should be within the following age limits requirements –
- The maximum age of the candidate should not exceed 27 years.
- The age will be reckoned on the following date : 01.01.2016
- The age limit requirements may be relaxed according to the rules of Corporation depending on the appropriateness of the case.
As per the details provided by the FCI notification 2016 advertisement, the following steps are implemented for selecting a suitable candidate for JRF post:
- Short listing of candidates based on application evaluation to check necessary qualifications.
- Verification of original documents proving education, age, sports participation, etc., which should be brought by candidates during trials for selection.
- Selection of candidates based on Field Trials in respective Sports.
- Current Performance of candidates takes precedence over previous track record.
- Only citizens of India, Nepal, and Bhutan will be considered for employment. The Tibetan refugees who settled permanently in India before 1962 and PIOs i.e. persons of Indian origin are also eligible for selection as per the rules of selection.
The FCI Recruitment 2016 advertisement makes it clear to the eligible candidates who are seeking selection that the Grade III Assistant (General/Depot) posts have pay scale according to industrial dearness allowance or IDA pattern. The recruits will get a salary of Rs. 9,300 to Rs. 22,940/- on a monthly basis.
Application Fee :
The FCI Recruitment 2016 advertisement states the following details regarding fees and bonds –
- The eligible candidates applying for post need not pay any application fee.
- Candidates who are selected require a Bond which has to be executed. This is for an amount of Rs 1,00,000/- , and is for the purpose of serving in the Corporation for 3 yrs. period which is minimum.
How to Apply:
As per the particulars provided by the FCI advertisement, the procedure for application to the posts is as follows:
- The aspirants will have to direct themselves to the official portal of FCI to download prescribed formats available as annexure to notification. The links are provided below.
- The candidate will feed every details asked by the application form and other annexure details in order to get them fully complete and in prescribed form only.
- Enclose copies or scans of all the documents from the following list –
- Application form provided as Annexure. A in official notification.
- Two Passport-Sized photos . One should be affixed to application form.
- Self-attested certificate proving DOB – Date of Birth. This can be 10th standard certificate or authorized municipal certificate.
- Self-attested copies of Educational Certificates.
- Character certificate form provided as Annexure. B in official notification.
- Annexure C form specifying Performance or Achievement certificates won within 3 years from the respective sports federations. These certificates should be latest and preferably within 10 days of this job advertisement.
- A hard copy and a soft copy (only PDF format is acceptable) must be mandatorily posted and emailed respectively.
- Submit the hard copies and of applications by Speed Post or Registered Post to –
The Secretary, ZSPC (N),
Food Corporation of India,
Zonal Office (North), A-2A, 2b, Sector-24,
- Soft copies can be sent by email to: [email protected]
The FCI Job advertisement mentions the following important dates for application submission –
|The Last Date For Application Receipt||10.08.2016 or next working day in case of holiday.|
|Last Date Of Applying For NE and J&K States||20/08/2016|
|Reckoning date for eligibility criteria in terms of education, experience, age, etc.,||01.01.2016.|
The official home page of FCI is at: http://fci.gov.in/
The official notification and the annexure for application & sports format, and character certificate: Get PDF
- Applications submitted after due date will be rejected summarily.
- Central, State and PSU employees have to apply using proper channels only.
- Management has the right to terminate recruitment process without any notice