Delhi University Cut Off 2016
Delhi University Cut-off List For UG Admissions Notification:
The first and second Cut-off lists for UG courses in Delhi University have been released. The Registrar has clearly specified that the University had a notification of these details on its website. The details of the various courses offered by the different colleges have also been provided along with the first list.
The University of Delhi or DU is a premium university offering courses in UG and PG along with Ph.D. admissions. DU has global linkages with reputed Universities in Europe. It is one of the largest Universities in all of India, and it offers courses in Arts, Sciences, and Commerce. DU has a reputation for offering high standards in teaching and research. More than 70 colleges are affiliated to DU which has two main campuses. Courses offered in Management, Law, Fine Arts, Music, and Technology attract faculty of eminence and scholarship.
Eligibility for the Admissions:
Students who completed Class 12 and seeking admission to higher education in DU and its affiliated colleges have completed all the formalities pertaining to application for seats. The seat allocation is subject to performance in Class 12 in terms of percentages. The University has initiated the process of admitting the students into various courses by considering their Class 12 performance. This process has concluded and the University has finished the First Cutoff list for admissions into UG courses.
First Cut-off List:
The University has recently released the First Cut-off list pertaining to admissions to UG courses in various streams of knowledge. The Registrar has released a press note on June 29, 2016 which informed the eligible candidates of the availability of first Cut-off list for admissions at various Arts, Science, and Commerce Colleges. The candidates who qualified were encouraged to fulfil the admission formalities within the stipulated time.
According to the new press release, the DU informs all eligible candidates that the second Cut-off list has also been made public. The website of DU has released the Cut-off lists for both Arts and Science streams. In addition, a press release has also been made public.
Seat Allocation Checking Procedure:
The eligible candidates have to check the charts of Cut-off lists as well as details of courses offered by different colleges affiliated to DU. The Cut-off list clearly mentions the marks for Cut-off for the academic year 2016-17. The students who applied can get an overview from this list regarding their qualification based on marks.
Second Cut-off List:
The Second Cut-off list for UG courses for Arts and Commerce mentions the following details in a chart form:
- College Name.
- Reservation Category including General, OBC, SC, ST, PWD, and Kashmiri Migrants.
- Popular Courses offered by corresponding colleges include B.A.(Hons) in Economics and Philosophy as also languages like Sanskrit, Hindi, and English. B.A, B.Com, and B.Com(Hons) are also popular courses pursued by students. Political Science and History B.A. (Hons) are also studied with enthusiasm.
- The percentages for cut-off this year too varied from course to course and college to college.
- Girl candidates are given concessions and this is specific to the college. Candidates have to approach the specific college for additional details in this regard.
Candidates who need further clarification in matters of Cut-off percentage variations are requested to approach the respective colleges and/or visit the official websites of these colleges.
Selected aspirants who are satisfied with the seat allocation are informed that they have to report before the due date in the concerned college. The selection process will involve a thorough verification of all the relevant documents, and admission will be granted only subsequent to the completion of this procedure which is mandatory.
The tentative dates for announcement of Cut-off lists for admission into various courses offered by DU at undergraduate level are listed as below. These dates are indicative and may be subject to change depending on procedural matters and availability of seats for admission.
The eligible candidates who have already applied are requested to take note of the dates pertaining to complete schedule of the announcement of the Cut-off lists. The dates are as follows :
- The date for release of First Admission list is mentioned as 30th June 2016
- The date for release of Second Admission list is mentioned as 5 July 2016
- The date for release of Third Admission list is mentioned as 11th July 2016
- The date for release of Fourth Admission list is mentioned as 15th July 2016
- The date for release of Fifth Admission list is mentioned as 20th July 2016
- The date for release of Sixth Admission list is mentioned as 27th July 2016
- The date for release of Seventh Admission list is mentioned as 30th July 2016
- The date for release of Eighth Admission list is mentioned as 3rd August 2016
- The date for release of Ninth Admission list is mentioned as 9th August 2016
- The date for release of Tenth Admission list is mentioned as 12th August 2016
Advertisement and Press Release Link Details:
The official website of Delhi University is at – http://www.du.ac.in/du/
The press release and Complete Charts for First Cut-off and Second Cut-Off can be downloaded at – http://www.du.ac.in/du/index.php?page=cut-off-2016
Check Here – Delhi University Recruitment
- The website has released a press note along with Second Cut-off for admissions to Arts and Sciences.
- The dates for verification of documents and admission approval for qualified candidates depending on the Second Cut-off for Undergraduate courses have been rescheduled.
- The press release from the Registrar requests the interested candidates seeking admission into UG courses to visit the official website for clarification in matters pertaining to typographical errors or inadvertent nature.
- The official website of University of Delhi has declared that the admissions for the UG courses for 2016-17 as closed as of now.