Cochin Shipyard Recruitment 2016 – Firemen, Safety Assistant Posts on Contract Basis
Cochin Shipyard Limited is a Mini Ratna Company under Indian Government. The notification “Cochin Shipyard Recruitment 2016” has been made public and informs of appointments to Firemen, Safety Assistant Posts. The positions are on contract basis for Indian Nationals only. Candidates satisfying all the eligible conditions mentioned below have to apply . All details related to vacancies including job specifications, total vacancies, educational criteria and experience, contract terms, relaxation rules, important dates, and official website links, along with application methodology and selection process are notified below.
All eligible candidates are informed that the Fireman & Safety Assistants positions are available in both Unreserved and SC/OBC categories. Experienced and schooled diploma holders are invited to apply by registered post only. A fixed-format application form with all testimonials are to be submitted, and a specified application fee has to be paid. There are 27 vacancies available for the above mentioned positions as per the specifications of Cochin Shipyard Recruitment 2016.
The applicants are informed that those who applied successfully will be considered, short-list is prepared and call letters are issued for the practical test. Relaxation in age and experience rules are applied only if sufficient number of suitable candidates are not available. The Chief GM of HR at P&A Department in Cochin Shipyard has released the official notification with number No.P&A/2(230)/16-Pt on 21st of July this year.
The positions of Fireman and Safety Assistant offer trained candidates an opportunity to use their skills in firefighting and safety standards implementation. The appointed candidates have to serve by performing duties assigned to them in efficient and timely manner. The candidates have to ensure safety of vessels and conduct surveillance to prevent fire accidents. Industrial standards in safety and fire control or prevention have to be applied by the appointees with dedication, courage, and alertness.
The vacancy information for Fireman and Safety Assistant positions is tabulated below:
|Sl.No.||Post Title||Total Posts;
|Tenure||Salary; Extra-Work Compensation||Essential Qualifications|
|3 yrs. contract with probable extension.||Rs. 14,000; Rs 4,200 – monthly||SSLC pass; Malayalam Knowledge desired;
Training, Certificates , Experience as mentioned below
|Rs. 14,500; Rs 4,500 – monthly||SSLC pass; Training, Certificates , Experience as mentioned below|
The candidates need additional experience and requirements as mentioned below:
- Fireman Post
- 4 to 6 yrs. training in Fire Fighting is minimum. Training has to be from PSU/State Fire Force with Govt. recognition or from reputed institute OR NBCD Certificate with fire fighting experience on-board ships. Nuclear Biological Chemical Defence and Damage Control certificate has to be issued by Recognised Institutions or Armed Forces.
- State Fire Force/PSU/Army/Private Company/Large Industry/ fire-fighting experience of 1 yr. minimum.
- Safety Assistant
- Certificate or Diploma in Industrial Safety for 1 Yr. issued by PSU or institute with Government recognition.
- PSU/Factory safety experience or training for 1 yr. minimum.
- The candidates have to be Physically fit and comply with these physical standards:-
- Height without shoes should be 165 cm and ST get concession of 2.5 cm
- Un-expanded Chest measurement is 81.5 cm with Expanded Chest at 85 cm
- Weight has to be a minimum of 50 Kg
The vacancies for above posts require candidates who are 30 yrs. or younger. The date of reckoning is taken as 12th August of 2016 . The age relaxation offered to SC/ST candidates is 5 years, with OBC getting 3 years and for PWD it is 10 years.
The Cochin Shipyard Recruitment 2016 outlines the selection procedure as follows:
- Application scrutiny for essential qualifications and post-qualification experience.
- Short listing of suitable candidates.
- Online release of schedule for practical test in August. Candidates are informed via email or phone.
- Candidates with call letters will be tested and recruitment is at discretion of Shipyard.
Consolidated monthly salary is paid to all recruits with additional compensation for extra working hours. The details are tabulated above as specified by Cochin Shipyard Recruitment 2016.
Application Fee :
SC/ST/PWD candidates need not pay fee. The mandatory and fixed fee for others should be furnished as a DD. The details follow:
- Rs. 100/- only as a crossed DD
- DD is drawn on “COCHIN SHIPYARD LIMITED” at any Nationalised bank and should be payable at Kochi.
- The DD has to be drawn only after the advertisement publication date.
- Cheque, Cash, or PO are not accepted, and fee is not refundable.
How to Apply:
Cochin Shipyard Recruitment 2016 notifies candidates of the following methodology for application:
- Candidates with all essential qualifications, physical requirements, and experience only should apply.
- Application in fixed format with mandatory Contact Number and email is only acceptable, and it can be downloaded at official website. Links are given below.
- Application which is downloaded can be printed, details filled, photo affixed, and enclosed with DD and attested photocopies of testimonials for age, caste, qualifications, marks, etc.,
- The envelope has to be super scribed : “Application for the vacancy of Safety Assistant/Fireman (On contract)”.
- Submit at earliest to reach before or on 12th August of 2016 to :
The Chief General Manager (HR),
Cochin Shipyard Ltd,
The Cochin Shipyard Recruitment 2016 informs eligible candidates of the following dates –
|Detailed Notification Release Date||21st July, 2016|
|Closing date For Application Submission||12th August, 2016|
|Practical Test for Shortlisted candidates||August, 2016|
The Link to official website of Cochin Shipyard is at: http://cochinshipyard.com/
The Link to Careers section is at : http://cochinshipyard.com/career.html
The application format is available for downloaded – Get Application
- Incomplete Applications will not be verified.
- Additional testimonials must be produced if demanded.
- Shipyard reserves all rights over recruitment procedure including cancellation and modification of vacancies.
- DA or TA to invited candidates is not available.
- Canvassing leads to disqualification