CA CPT Application Form 2016-2017 Dec:
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has notified of the common proficiency test (CPT) for Chartered Accountancy Course. Students who passed 12th and registered for CPT course are eligible to apply using the online mode. As per the CA CPT Application Form 2016-2017 Notification, students who revalidated their CPT course registrations within 3 years can also submit the CPT Application Form. The online payment gateway is provided for registered users to make the payment of the non-refundable fee. The application form can be downloaded and a postal submission also has to be made before 31st Oct. The CPT is conducted by ICAI at centres in India and overseas in December, 2016. The admit cards for the exam are also issued online by the ICAI authorities in a prompt manner. The candidates are advised by ICAI to regularly check the online resources for future updates and further information regarding applications, admit cards, results, answer keys, etc.,
The details of the Common Proficiency Test for CA Admissions is tabulated below:
|Sl. No||Examination Name||Eligibility||Examiner||Exam Date||Qualification Score|
|1||Common Proficiency Test||10+2 or 12th or Equivalent;
CPT Course Registration/Revalidation
|Institute of Chartered Accountants of India – ICAI||18/12/2016||30% – each section;
50% marks aggregate
The eligibility criteria mentioned in the above table are minimum and essential. Additional details are listed below –
- Commerce post- graduates and graduates with 55% marks need not take CPT.
- Candidates with PG and graduation with 60% from non-Commerce stream are also exempt.
The age requirements are not specified in the CA CPT Application Form 2017 notification.
The following selection procedure for CA admissions has been suggested as per the guidelines –
- Candidates with eligibility have to appear for the CPT examination.
- Eligibility criteria include 10 + 2 or equivalent, and CPT Course Registration/Revalidation.
- The exam paper will have 4 sections for a total of 200 marks.
- The qualification cut off is 30% marks in each section with 50% marks as aggregate for all the sections.
Written Exam Pattern And Syllabus:
- Exam is conducted in only one sitting at the chosen centres.
- The morning session covers Sections A and B with Accounting Fundamentals and Mercantile Laws for 60 marks and 40 marks respectively.
- The afternoon session will cover Sections C and D i.e. General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude for 50 marks each.
- Each session of the written examination is for a duration of 2 hours.
- Each wrong answer will lead to a negative mark of 1/4.
- Students who score the cut off marks i.e. 50% aggregate with 30% in each section are deemed to have passed in the CPT examination.
- The results will be declared online within one month of the examination date.
The CA CPT Application Form 2016-2017 notification provides the following details for the application fee –
|India Centres||Rs 500/-|
|Kathmandu Centre||Rs 850/-|
|Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Doha, Muscat||US $150|
|Online Fee Payment Methods||Debit, Credit Cards – Visa, Master, Maestro|
How to Apply:
The candidates can take note of the following application procedure instructions –
- Eligible candidates have to create an account by submitting details such as registration number, date of birth, email, mobile, etc.,.
- The login user id and password will be sent to the candidate by email.
- The candidates can login and submit the online application form after filling in all the correct details.
- The online payment gateway has to be used to pay the specified fee.
- The application form in PDF format is available for download at the candidate’s dashboard.
- Candidates are advised to retain login details and photocopies of filled in application forms for future correspondence with ICAI.
- The application form with two affixed passport photos, required signatures and attestations has to be submitted without being folded.
- The envelope can be super scribed with “Online Application Form for 18th December, 2016 CPT Exam”.
- Registered/Speed post can be used to submit before 31st October by 5.30 PM at –
Deputy Secretary (Exams.),
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,
‘ICAI Bhawan’, Indraprastha Marg,
New Delhi – 110 002
The following significant dates have been tabulated pertaining to the CA CPT Application Form –
|Commencement Date For Online CPT Examination Form||6th October, 2016|
|Last Date For Submission Of Online CPT Examination Form||27th October, 2016 By 5.30PM|
|Last Date For Receipt Of Print Out Of CPT Examination Form||31st October, 2016|
|Correction Window Dates||November, 2016|
|CPT Examination Date||18th December, 2016|
The link to the official website of ICAI Exams is at : http://icaiexam.icai.org/
Check here – CA CPT Results