BARC Recruitment Through GATE 2017 – Trainee Scientific Officers – Engineering And Science Post-Graduates Can Apply – BARC Jobs 2017 – www.barc.gov.in
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) recruits Engineers and Post Graduates as Scientific Officers under two programmes – Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Post Graduates (OCES) and DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme (DGFS). Candidates can submit their applications using either the online mode or postal services from January. Selection process for BARC Recruitment Through GATE 2017 involves screening and interview of potential candidates. Screening is done on the basis of GATE scores of 2015/16 and/or written exam. Candidates with PG Science degrees can apply for consideration based on GATE scores, written test , or GATE and written test options. Candidates who have MSc (research) degrees and Ph.D s are ineligible. Training centres are at Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kalpakkam, and Indore. Candidates are instructed to refer to the online resources and official websites for more information.
BARC Vacancy Details:
The vacancy details for the Trainee Scientific Officers (TSO) positions under OCES/DGFS are tabulated below –
|Discipline||Subjects Acceptable||Age Limits||Salary|
|1||Engineering||Mechanical , Chemical , Computer , Electrical , Metallurgical , Instrumentation , Civil , Electronics and Related disciplines like Electronics and Controls, Electronics & Communication, etc||General – 28 yrs.
OBC – 29 yrs.
SC/ST , J&K domiciled, Sikh Riots – 31 yrs.Physically challenged – 38 yrs.
Rs. 20000/- per month + Rs. 5000/- as one-time allowance;
Rs 15600 +
Rs 5400 as Grade Pay
|2||Physics||BSc Physics, Math + MSc – Physics, Applied Physics, Electronics OR
BE/BTech – Engineering Physics;
|3||Chemistry||BSc Physics + MSc Chemistry;|
|4||Biosciences||BE/BTech/BSc in Food Tech. OR
(BSc – Physics, Chemistry, Biochem, Agri. Chem. + MSc – Agriculture, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology,Entomology, Animal Science, Food Technology, Life Sciences and Biosciences
|5||Radiological Safety Engineering||BSc and MSc in Physics and Chemistry|
|6||Geology||BSc Math + MSc Geology, Applied Geology|
|7||Geophysics||BSc Math + MSc Geophysics, Applied Geophysics|
The above mentioned educational qualifications are minimum essential. Additional details are listed here:
- Candidates require First Class i.e. 60% marks aggregate in their academic discipline at undergraduate and PG levels.
- Valid and relevant discipline GATE Scores are considered acceptable for the screening stage.
- PGs in other subjects for the above mentioned disciplines are not acceptable.
The upper age limits are provided in the above table as per BARC Recruitment Through GATE 2017 notification. The relaxations are provided to candidates from different categories and communities as per Government rules.
Check Here – PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2017
According to the BARC Recruitment Through GATE 2017 notification, the following selection process is adopted –
- Candidates are screened and interviewed in a two step process.
- Screening involves two methods – GATE scores and/or written exam.
- Engineering graduates are shortlisted based on GATE cut-off or written exam.
- Written test syllabus includes corresponding engineering discipline except for Civil engineers.
- Candidates with Science PG degrees are shortlisted in the same manner with the following subjects for written test – Physics, Chemistry, Biosciences, Geology and Geophysics.
- Radiological Safety Engineering (RSE) is available only as an additional option for Physics and Chemistry PGs.
- Selection under DGFS programme require the candidates to successfully get admitted into MTech. course, starting in the next academic year.
- Selection is at the complete discretion of BARC authorities.
The pay structure during training and post-training are mentioned in the above table. Additional allowances after training include the following –
- Dearness and House Rent allowance are paid as per rules.
- Transport Allowance of Rs 3200 + dearness based on city of posting is also paid.
The application fee details for TSO positions are tabulated here –
|General & OBC Candidates||Rs 250|
|Women, PWD, SC, ST Candidates||No Fee|
|Payment Mode||SBI Branch Deposit Using Challan Form|
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can follow the procedure provided below for applying –
- Qualified candidates can apply using online or offline mode.
- The challan form for fee has to be kept ready for both the online and offline applications.
- 3 copies of Challan form can be downloaded from the website.
- Candidate can visit the official website , read the instructions and submit the online forms.
- Offline applications require a prescribed application format.
- The application format can be downloaded from the website.
- Two copies of the application format have to be taken on A4 size papers.
- Both the copies have to be filled with correct details and photos have to be affixed.
- One set of testimonial copies and ‘Institution’ copy of challan fee form have to be enclosed.
- Both copies and enclosures should be sent by postal service to the address mentioned in the application form.
- Candidates will receive one application copy with application number later.
- The application number is required for written test and interview.
According to the BARC Recruitment Through GATE 2017 Notification, The following tabulated dates are significant –
|Starting Date For Online Applications||January, 2017|
|Closing Date For Online Applications||February, 2017|
|Date For Written Test – Engineers||April/May|
|Date For Written Test – Science Graduates||February|
|Date For Interview Part Of Selection Process||May To July|
The link to the official website of BARC is at : http://www.barc.gov.in/index.html
The links to the official notification and the application process are at: http://www.barc.gov.in/careers/index.html#dgfs