JLEE Assam 2016 – for Lateral Admission into 3rd Semester B.E. Course:
Applications are invited Assam Joint Lateral Entrance Exam 2016 for BE Admission. The interested candidates who want to take admission in B.E course for 2016-17 sessions can apply for the same online. The details about the examination and about the application form can be taken by visiting this website www.dteassam.in. By appearing for and qualifying the Joint Lateral Entrance Examination 2016 will make them eligible to get admission into 3rd Semester Class of B.E. Course 2016 of Assam Engineering College. They are eligible for getting admission in the following engineering colleges.
- Guwahati Engineering College
- Jorhat Engineering College
- Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology
- Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar.
- The following candidates are eligible for applying for the Assam Joint Lateral Entrance Exam 2016:
- The candidate should be a permanent resident of Assam
- The candidate should have a Diploma of minimum three years duration from any recognized Polytechnic Institution of Assam under the State Council of Technical Education (SCTE)
- The candidate should have obtained a minimum of 45% marks (General category) or 40% marks (SC/ST category) in the course undertaken in the polytechnic.
- Candidates who are appearing for the final examination of the polytechnic can also apply. If they are selected they will have to produce the original mark sheet and certificates of the Diploma at the time of admission.
Applicants applying for Assam JLEE2016, should not be less than 17 years and more than 21 years of age.
- The candidates will have to appear for Joint Admission Examination. The examination will be for a period of three hours. It will have a single question paper consisting four sections:
- Mathematics – it will have 30 questions based on the 10+2 level.
- Basic computers – it will have 10 questions.
- Graphics – it will have 10 questions.
- Branch of engineering – it will have 50 questions.
- All the question will be multiple choice questions. Each question will carry four marks each. There is a negative marking system; four marks will be given for the right answer and one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the total marks obtained in the selection and admission test. On the basis of this merit list applicants will be selected for admission in the courses.
- The selected candidates will have to produce their original certificates and other testimonials for verification at the time of admission. Failing to do so will lead to the cancellation of the candidature of the candidate for getting admission.
- The decision of the of the selection board will be final and its decision cannot be questioned in any way.
How to Apply Joint Admission Examination:
- Interested candidates will have to fill the online application for the entrance examination. They can visit the www.dteassam.in website to apply online.
- Candidates are advised that they read all the information and instructions related to the examination and application form very carefully.
- The candidates should have the required demand draft of Rs 1000/- drawn in favor of “The Director, Technical Education”, Assam payable at State bank of India, Kahilipara Branch, Guwahati; ready with them before filling up the application form. They will need to fill up the details of the payment while filling the application form.
- The candidates are advised to apply within the time limit provided in the website. Forms received after the due date will be rejected. Candidates are also advised to not to wait for the last date for filling the forms; any explanation for late submission due to problem related to server or failing to logging in at the last minute will not be entertained.
- The candidate will have to scan their signatures and a recent passport size photograph which they will have to upload at the time of application filling. Both the files should be in JPEG format and the file size should be less than 100kb.
- The candidates are advised to fill the application form very carefully. Once they do so they should recheck for any errors or mistakes. Once they are satisfied they can click the submit form. Form once submitted cannot be edited or changed later.
- When the candidates application form is accepted an automatic registration number will be generated. Candidates have to note down their application number and take a print out of the online form. The print out of the form has to be signed by the candidate and the demand draft is to be attached with it and sent to “The Directorate of Technical Education, Kahilipara, Guwahati – 781019”; before the last date of submission of application form. The candidate has to write Joint Lateral Entrance Examination 2016” and his application number on the envelope containing the application form and DD should.
- The candidate should be careful in selecting the centre for examination and indicate it correctly in the application form. Change of examination centre will not be allowed in any circumstances.
- If the information provided by the candidates is found to be false or bogus, their candidature will be cancelled.
- The candidates are advised to bring their admit cards at the time of examination. No candidate will be allowed to sit for the examination without the admit card in any circumstance.
Application/ Processing Fee:
The examination fee for JLEE Assam 2016 is RS 1000/- which has to be deposited through a demand draft JLEE 2016 drawn in favor of “The Director, Technical Education, Assam” payable at State bank of India, Kahilipara Branch, Guwahati
- 15.04.16: Candidates can start filling the online application form.
- 14.05.16: Last date for submission of application form.
- 01.06.16: Admit cards will be issued from this date.
- 26.06.16: Date of examination
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
Details about the examination and application form is available in the following website